Albino's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejudd

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Albino's, last year some we're going for 5000 a hatchling, this year i see them going for as low as 2000 what are they going to go down to next year? Do you think they will hit a happy medium and keep value or will they end up like the common murray darling and end up going for 100 or so dollars in a year or two?

there was a recent thread on this...
search albino python and you should find it

next season il be thowing one in with every antaresia a sell ;)

Albino's, last year some we're going for 5000 a hatchling, this year i see them going for as low as 2000 what are they going to go down to next year? Do you think they will hit a happy medium and keep value or will they end up like the common murray darling and end up going for 100 or so dollars in a year or two?

They'll continue down, and eventually they'll be $5 each or free, but it will be a few years yet before they're down to $100. If anyone could predict their exact future prices they wouldn't be wasting their time on snakes, they would be using their powers on ASX.

albino's & $$$$

I don't have albino's for sale but l do think [2] males for sale hardly means a price plummet, they will be cheaper as more are bred and as far as $5000.00 last year l blieve 3500 - 4000 was more realistic, you only had to scratch around to find plenty at this price.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

re Albino

They'll continue down, and eventually they'll be $5 each or free, but it will be a few years yet before they're down to $100. If anyone could predict their exact future prices they wouldn't be wasting their time on snakes, they would be using their powers on ASX.

LMAO, they need a few GTP type trumpet blowers to strengthen the horn section,it works there maybe it can work here as well :lol:

sounds as though there is 1 or more guys on this thread blowing horns, and it ain't the trumpet type'!:lol:

when they flood the market,people drop prices to move them,albys like gtp are like backsides,everyone seems to have them,lol,there even in the states now,latest edition of reptiles usa has an american breeder breeding them,saying his het is a descendant from blondie and hes breeding it to new guinea carpet pythons

I reckon they will level out at about $1000 each for the next few years.
As the price drops, their demand will increase, as there will be more people out there which can afford to buy one.
It will take quite a few years for them to be as common as the stimmie or jungle.

They can only drop so far as if its not cost effective to breed then people will stop doing it and therefore the supply wont meet the demand which will make the prices rise again.
They certainly wont stay at high prices forever but they will always be worth more than regular snakes
This is just my opinion and im not exactly a market analysis guru

Sure, the price will drop for standard albino darwins...
but other desirable variations and morphs will pop up and demand higher prices.

but there is going to be plenty of albino hybrids to go around....don't you worry :rolleyes:

Cheers.

They can only drop so far as if its not cost effective to breed then people will stop doing it and therefore the supply wont meet the demand which will make the prices rise again.
They certainly wont stay at high prices forever but they will always be worth more than regular snakes
This is just my opinion and im not exactly a market analysis guru

Snakes will be bred even when it is not cost effective to do so. A lot of people actually like breeding snakes as a hobby, and will do so even if it costs them money. Go overseas where the herp industry has been in full swing for longer than it has here and you'll see albino and various other morphs of Corn Snakes for under $5 each, and Carpet Pythons are often bred in such numbers that the best ones are picked out while the regular or ugly ones are sold off so cheaply they are used to feed other snakes. The same thing happens with Ball Pythons, etc. Every season I am offered free snakes (yes, legally in Australia), and I almost always decline.

Albino Carpet Pythons will take a fair few years to become literally/effectively free, but it will eventually happen. Maybe 10 years, maybe 20. Of course, at that stage you will pay top dollar for your paradox albino, or your piebald, or your paradox striped jaguar albino, or snow, or whatever is popular at the time. The main reason basic albino Carpets will be very cheap is that they will be a byproduct of producing the designer morphs. Snakes without morphs (say, Rough-scaled Pythons) will probably never drop below about $50, because the people who do it for money won't be bothering and there will be none produced as a byproduct of other ventures, so it will only be done as a hobby (ie, not by all that many people).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back