Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool, I was just wondering what a click clack was :) My hatchling will love it!

Hatchy container

I really love this site it has some of the best info and people are so great for sharing it.I have mad many of these and they work great ...but.... i had a near disaster one day ..the peice of dowel moved out of the hole and I nearly lost !of my babies...so NOW I just make a small hole and use a screw to screw into the dowel ...no more big holes to have an accident with...hope this helps .. THANKS SOOOO MUCH EMILY IT"S THE BEST.....:lol:

I used this wonderful thread to build my click clack yesterday, I put the photo frame (small) on top, I put fly wire and then the glass went back on, as I'm in perth, its too cold for it in winter, but in summer I will just lift the glass and let the air flow :) Cheers!!

how many holes do people generaly put on the side? and in the top if not putting the mesh?

well im trying the click clack setup now , with the temp probe do i have to make sure it touches the click clack ? or can it be above the paper towl level?

If your talking about your thermostat i find it best smack in the middle of one of the click clacks sides.

Hope this helps

I have a dual probe one which i keep one probe hot end one probe cool end, with my ones without a dual i keep my half way up the enclosure side in the hot end.

Dunno if this helps, but when i did my babies click clack, to help stop the dowel moving, I used the soldering iron to make a hole just a bit smaller than the dowel itself, and as soon as the plastic was melting i pushed the dowel through. Once the plastic dried it was moulded tight to the dowel. i made sure i smoothed any sharp bits, and for good measure i hot glue gunned the join aswell. but if u get the plastic to mould to the dowel good, its really strong. (hatchie wise anyway). Thanx for this thread cos it only cost me like $15 to do and my baby loves his new enclosure! Awesome idea Em!

Last edited:
Dunno if this helps, but when i did my babies click clack, to help stop the dowel moving, I used the soldering iron to make a hole just a bit smaller than the dowel itself, and as soon as the plastic was melting i pushed the dowel through. Once the plastic dried it was moulded tight to the dowel. i made sure i smoothed any sharp bits, and for good measure i hot glue gunned the join aswell. but if u get the plastic to mould to the dowel good, its really strong. (hatchie wise anyway). Thanx for this thread cos it only cost me like $15 to do and my baby loves his new enclosure! Awesome idea Em!

umm missing a hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back