Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidden

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Thought ide tell you all a little about me.I've had a massive array of animals throughout my life, just about everything you could think of (never any snakes)!! I've often considered snakes and im sure if I spend enough time here one of you will easily talk me into it. At the moment I only have a "small" family :) consisting of, 4 GTF, 3 Growling Grass Frogs, AKA, Golden Bell Frogs, a Spotted Marsh Frog, Blue Tongue, Border collie and a Goat... Yes a goat, and no, I don't live on a farm, right in the middle of surburbia! She's my lawn mower, and a cute one at that.

I thought I'de join this site coz I've thought about it for a long time just to lazy to do it, and I had some quiries I thought some of you may be able to give advice on. Plus it's always nice to have a chat with other animal lovers. Especially the creepy crawly "weird" animals.

I have posted a couple of photos, some a bit dodgy but just so you can all get to know my animals... none of the blue tongu e o r spotted marsh frog but, I think we all know what they look like.:lol:

I'll try and get some of the frog enclosures up soon, I'm very proud of them!

Hi, and welcome....love the collie and the goat..very cute. :) You'll find that people here are friendly and many have other "ordinary" pets besides reps.

Cheers, Annie

Hi Cidden and welcome love the pic's what's the goat's name???

hoppyone,
Goats name is goat, bought her from a farm with a heard, the boy used to call them all by screaming out goat! numerous times. So she comes to that, couldn't change her name... Plus I thought it was pretty funny :D

As far as snakes go ..IMO first snake to get is a plain old puppy dog like cruisy coastal carpet snake ..I know they do get big ..but by the time you are at that size you will have fallen in love with it and size wont matter ....they are probably the easiest and most forgiving snakes to own ...makes a great 1st time and if you get an established eating hatchie/yearling ..you wont or shouldnt have any drama's ...but in the end its up to you ...

As far as snakes go ..IMO first snake to get is a plain old puppy dog like cruisy coastal carpet snake ..I know they do get big ..but by the time you are at that size you will have fallen in love with it and size wont matter ....they are probably the easiest and most forgiving snakes to own ...makes a great 1st time and if you get an established eating hatchie/yearling ..you wont or shouldnt have any drama's ...but in the end its up to you ...

Are snakes gunna be a little more interesting than my blue tongue? Currently she does not much more than hide in her burrow and smell LOL. Still love it, had her mother and 9 siblings am just left with this little one now. any low class licenced snakes I could keep with the tree frogs? their in a very large tank. Someone else here said Scrubb pythons will live with the frogs but, the class of licence for them here means it'll take years before I can get one of them

Are snakes gunna be a little more interesting than my blue tongue? Currently she does not much more than hide in her burrow and smell LOL. Still love it, had her mother and 9 siblings am just left with this little one now. any low class licenced snakes I could keep with the tree frogs? their in a very large tank. Someone else here said Scrubb pythons will live with the frogs but, the class of licence for them here means it'll take years before I can get one of them
depends on what your expecting from your pet ..if you want tight squeezes and neck massages snakes are great ...if you want to have go n fetch and bring back ..well no they suck at that ....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back