Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super depressed we still can't buy stuff there other than from commercial license holders... In NSW you can't sell anything at pet shops, yet at the expo's you can sell anything! This state is so backward! I can't see the reasoning in this law, what is so criminal about it? The government must miss out somewhere haha!

Super depressed we still can't buy stuff there other than from commercial license holders... In NSW you can't sell anything at pet shops, yet at the expo's you can sell anything! This state is so backward! I can't see the reasoning in this law, what is so criminal about it? The government must miss out somewhere haha!

you can buy stuff there,just not animals.
there will be plenty of breeders with stalls at the expo,so if there is something you like,take a buisness card or get their contact details and call them after the expo.i know that there will be plenty of "available" reptiles on display,and some high quality ones as well.one stall holder is selling most of his collection, and they are top notch animals and they will be on display. we just have to do everything legal to keep the EPA happy, so no reptiles can be advertised or sold at the expo itself ,but you can do what you like the next day.but if the EPA catch anyone doing the wrong thing,there will be no more Expo and also ruin further chances of other expos starting up in Queensland.
cheers
simon

you can buy stuff there,just not animals.
there will be plenty of breeders with stalls at the expo,so if there is something you like,take a buisness card or get their contact details and call them after the expo.i know that there will be plenty of "available" reptiles on display,and some high quality ones as well.one stall holder is selling most of his collection, and they are top notch animals and they will be on display. we just have to do everything legal to keep the EPA happy, so no reptiles can be advertised or sold at the expo itself ,but you can do what you like the next day.but if the EPA catch anyone doing the wrong thing,there will be no more Expo and also ruin further chances of other expos starting up in Queensland.
cheers
simon

So if reptiles can't be advertised, does that mean they can't be displayed? That's how I took it, or is there a technicality that they have them there on display and you contact them later to buy it?

they can be displayed,they just cant have a "for sale" sign on them. legally ,the exhibitors aren't even supposed to verbally speak about any that are for sale.we were told that if anyone asks if any bubs are for sale or "how much?",we are supposed to hand them a buisness card and they can contact us at a later date.
cheers
simon

In my view Expos are the ideal place to network :) ie, establish contacts, be it for business or pleasure
Cheers
Sandee :)

In my view Expos are the ideal place to network :) ie, establish contacts, be it for business or pleasure
Cheers
Sandee :)

i certainly agree Sandee.its interesting to see what other people have and are breeding and i myself have purchased a number of animals from other breeders at our expo. the last 2 years the quality has been outstanding and i'm sure this year will be no different.
cheers
simon

dinner and drinks on again at the Queens Hotel after the expo.anyone from APS feel free to make yourself known and join in and have a sociable drink or 2 with us.
cheers
simon

are we going to hobble around for k's again or get a taxi straight to the after dinner drinks n nibbles this time lol

Yeah but i might bring a wheelchair just incase this time, crutches suck on the big uphills lol

Slimebo,
sounds like we are going to have a big day of meeting and greeting, i will start preparing my kidneys now .

looking forward to a great day and a big night.

Deka

Slimebo,
sounds like we are going to have a big day of meeting and greeting, i will start preparing my kidneys now .

looking forward to a great day and a big night.

Deka

So looking forward to the day and the dinner after.
Doubt I'll stick around as late as some of you guys plan but we have booked our accommodation at the Queens Hotel again. Very convenient, just stroll back to our room as late as we like.

So looking forward to the day and the dinner after.
Doubt I'll stick around as late as some of you guys plan but we have booked our accommodation at the Queens Hotel again. Very convenient, just stroll back to our room as late as we like.
Thats where we are staying too. Could get messy. Can't wait :D

good to hear plenty of people are making the effort to travel up to the expo.these expos wont happen without your support so thanks alot . feel free to introduce yourselves either at the expo or at drinks afterwards and we hope you enjoy yourselves.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back