Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mex84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps..

My boy (bredli) has gone walk abouts. Hes only just over one year old.
There was a teeny tiny hole in his box and hes not in his box.. :cry:
Anyway of finding or coaxing them out from hiding?

I have stripped half my house down trying to find him..

My parents told me maybe food?? Does this work??
I've already lost one animal.. Not another please..

Anyone got any tips or advice..

Try putting a prey item under the hot spot in his vivarium at night

the scent of food isnt a bad thing but you need him to come whilst you are there. Look EVERYWHERE in washing machine (found one of mine in there) close off ducted heating vents

Do a search theres heaps of info on finding lost snakes hope you find him

I think the Wiki page has some idea's, I would try leaving a bit of food out near a heat mat or a moonlight globe on, also if it has a favourite hide in its enclosure also put that near the food and night light. I let my childreni out in a spare room and when she has had enough exploring she always goes back to her hide? You will hear some better advice shortly from someone else but mine never wanders far

That and just keep looking. With most pythons, try to follow an upwards trail from the enclosure as they often climb. Best of luck!

Live food will work I had a bredili esape vent fell out of a new tank I just brought and he left my
room and traveled next door to where my rats are got in and they ate him very sad so maybe make sure he can't get in to the live food:shock:

Live food will work I had a bredili esape vent fell out of a new tank I just brought and he left my
room and traveled next door to where my rats are got in and they ate him very sad so maybe make sure he can't get in to the live food:shock:

:shock::eek: rats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys... Thanks for the help..
The great news is.. My partner found him.. Jez I searched most of the afternoon, he gets home from work within 5 minutes he finds him.. I'm SPEWING!!
At least the house is clean hehee.

I've already lost one animal.. Not another please..
Anyone got any tips or advice..

Im glad you found your snake. But would like to offer some advice..
If you have already lost one snake and almost lost another doesn't that tell you that your management and enclosure security needs to be looked at and fixed?

you really need to check and make sure that there are no escape holes etc and keep the enclosure doors locked. It might sound basic, but theres just so many of these escapes posted on this site that some new keepers really need to tighten their management practices to prevent this sort of thing happening..

I dont intend this post to be critical of you and Im just trying to give you some input and advice that may save the loss of another animal.

I actually lost my bird (she flew away) on Sunday..
Then we had the case of the missing Monty.. (found him hooray)
This morning had a missing cat.. Found her too.. in the kitchen cupboard hehehe..

No more animals to search.. Just got the 2 dogs now.. Any dibbs they decide to take themselves for a walk this week??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back