Baby Beardie with bloated belly! pls help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3one3rd

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, one of my baby beardie belly looks quite bloated for the past 3 days, he's seems normal and active, pooping regulary and eating well, even eating lots of vegies, its the 3rd day now, is this normal or should i take her to a vet??

bloating could mean worms/parasites, its worth at least getting his poo tested.

ok i'll take some pics later tonight, its been bloated for the past 3 days... hopefully he'll get better after i get home tonite, he's been eating lots of lettuces the past two days, could that be the reason?

help!!!!! my baby beardies head it tilting!

ok hi um i signed on to this forum so i need help! my baby beardie he is about 4 months maybe a little more he hasnt grown much and i have fed him stuff bigger than the eye width thing and he is contantly now tilting his head to one side and whenever i pick him up he will start to force himself to role like sideways untill i cant hold him he just like twists and he wont run around much i dont know what to do and i really dont want it to die please help me :(:cry:

ok hi um i signed on to this forum so i need help! my baby beardie he is about 4 months maybe a little more he hasnt grown much and i have fed him stuff bigger than the eye width thing and he is contantly now tilting his head to one side and whenever i pick him up he will start to force himself to role like sideways untill i cant hold him he just like twists and he wont run around much i dont know what to do and i really dont want it to die please help me :(:cry:

Don't panic too much,this is a common problem when people have fed to bigger food items.It causes small impaction's and the food also hits nerves inside them causing to tilt their head.You will find it body rolls and has no balance,it will still try and eat but don't let him eat for 24 hours.Give him a lukewarm bath and that will help pass anything and keep it well hydrated with water droplets on its head.
It might take up to a week or 2 to regain full recovery, also start feeding it a lot smaller items.

ok i'll take some pics later tonight, its been bloated for the past 3 days... hopefully he'll get better after i get home tonite, he's been eating lots of lettuces the past two days, could that be the reason?
what kind of lettuce ?

Just the normal kind of lattuce...from coles...i think its called cripshead lettuce??? i'm not sure..like the ones they uses in macdonals ..:?

belows the picture of her, hard to take a good pic of her, her belly actually looks larger...

what kind of lettuce ?

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 184
I would stop feeding her that lettuce as the 1 maccas uses is called ice berg and causes bad diarrhea and could be part to blame for the bloating.
Stick to feeding the purple lettuces and bok choy.
I would put it outside for a sun bask for a few hours with no food and see hoe it goes.

ok i'll try to get her under the sun for a few hours... thanks for this, i think its the lettuce too coz my other beardie didnt eat much of that lettuce and she's fine, where is this one ate alot for the past couple of days. cheers thanks heaps!

I would stop feeding her that lettuce as the 1 maccas uses is called ice berg and causes bad diarrhea and could be part to blame for the bloating.
Stick to feeding the purple lettuces and bok choy.
I would put it outside for a sun bask for a few hours with no food and see hoe it goes.

Hey guys/girls! thanks for all the advises, puffy's belly is getting better now, alot smaller than couple of days ago. i stopped feeding her the lettuces and sticking with bok choy and carrots. now just a couple of Questions again, she seems to like to bite on the fake plants, is that normal? and i'm feeding her 30-40 crix per day would that be enough for her? she's about 6 weeks old. thanks

she's bloated up again, :( i'm not sure if she's just overweight ... she seems normal. pls have a look at the pictures and tell me what u think if she seems normal...

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
So you haven't taken it to the vet? What size crickets are you feeding?

Of co**** shes bloated with 30-40 cricks per day,though it looks normal.
She has just recovered bloating and now pigging out like that wouldn't be good.
Just take it easy with her feeding until shes back on track.
Leave more greens in her enclosure with her and this should stop her from trying to eat the fake ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back