blackhead with worms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PigFeet

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i recently purchased a male blackhead who seemed to be very healthy when i got him but now ive noticed lumps forming down towards his tail on his belly and if you hold him still the lumps actually move a little. Hes also become very lathargic and he seems to be shedding his skin almost a couple of times a month and for a 16 month old i think is an awfully lot as he only gets fed fortnightly. Hel be going to the vet in the next couple of days as ive wormed him but theres still no change.
Anyone here had anything like this happen before. Any help much appreciated.
cheers
chris

hi everyone,
i recently purchased a male blackhead who seemed to be very healthy when i got him but now ive noticed lumps forming down towards his tail on his belly and if you hold him still the lumps actually move a little. Hes also become very lathargic and he seems to be shedding his skin almost a couple of times a month and for a 16 month old i think is an awfully lot as he only gets fed fortnightly. Hel be going to the vet in the next couple of days as ive wormed him but theres still no change.
Anyone here had anything like this happen before. Any help much appreciated.
cheers
chris

Yeah mine was exacly the same except she just had a giant poo stuck in there and it was making a lump lol, i thought it was worms. she sheds atleast 1ce a month (btw she is around 16 months old) but she was eating and everything and the lumpo was getting bigger and bigger i took her to the vet and then after i got her home she went (squellllllchhhh) and ther was a big brown turd in her e:lol:nclosure

thanx chickensnake but i think its a bit more than that because he still poos fine but i have kept the last one to take to the vet so he can check it out.
Anyone else have any snakes that have had this problem?
Cheers
chris

Sounds a bit scary and more than a little gross Chris. Let us know what the Vet reckons.

Sounds like worm larve, the lumps can be cut and the worm removed with twessers, but confirm with a vet first.

yes sounds like scale worm m8.. dont worry easy to treat just take him to the vets.they can get it from "bad rats" apparantly,when i purchased one of mine i noticed lumps and took him to the vet,he said it was "old lumps from scale worm" but that he was fine now.. hope this helps.

Can't help here....I thought it was going to be a photo of someones face with really bad acne!

thanx schizmz, he seems to be moving around a bit more now since i wormed him and the lumps have gone down alot. had him out on the grass today and its like hes trying to poop something out so il see how he goes over the next few days.
Saratoga if you cant help dont post.easy,

chris

Sounds like it may be wild caught.
They get skin worms from frogs so ive been told. I have a bhp at the moment with the same problem and believe it to be wild caught. i see alot of wild slateys, gts and bts with these lumps if they're the same as the ones mine has.

definately not wild caught gunny, it came off a friend who got it from snake ranch as a hatchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back