Diamond feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have two hatchy diamonds about 4 months old. They are eating mice the next size up from pinkies. At the moment I am feeding them (and they are eating) twice a week.

Now I've heard diamonds are quite responsive feeders so am I over feeding them? I was told only to feed them once a week but they are eating every time I feed them and winter is starting and I thought they may slow down, so was trying to prep them for this.

Any advice?

They wont slow down if you keep the heat on them. Its not good to burmate hatchlings pythons for their first winter..and the food size you are using is it fuzzie mice?

They wont slow down if you keep the heat on them. Its not good to burmate hatchlings pythons for their first winter..and the food size you are using is it fuzzie mice?

I wasn't planning to bumate them. The mice don't have any fur on them but the skin has changed colour. They food is about the same size of the head some may be a little smaller some maybe a little bigger.

Maybe upgrade them to Weaner Mice (most people put hatchling morelia's on them) and just fed once per week.

My Bredli's about the same age and I've just upgraded him to weaner mice. Straight down the hatch, no worries. And going by the size of the bulge, I think I'll just be feeding him once a week now.

Most diamonds wikll eat whatever you give them, so be carefull not to overfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back