Snake Hunter Andrew Ucles says get lost to would-be rescuers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good on this bloke i say. i wish i was in a position to do something like this. hope all goes well for him.

You are in the same position ;) Just fill the car with fuel and drive out to the most desolate area you can find, run out of fuel, and live off the land....it's simple ;) :lol: (Just don't forget to make a video stating that this insane thing you'e about to undertake is of your own doing ;))

Is he gonna eat snakes? It doesn't sound that much like conservation going out and eating random native animals and plants, although it would be very fun.

He is doing this to 'raise awareness of conservation'. Didn't irwin already achieve this (raise awareness), or did all his years of work fall on deaf ears?:?

I've decided to strip naked, smear rodent blood all over my body and jump into a pit full of lacies to help raise awareness of conservation. Any would-be rescuers can get lost!:p

He's not the same guy at all. He has an animal science degree and is an extremely competent reptile handler. Nev burns knows him well. He listens to people and does these thing by himself, not in public like a show off. Unfortunately for him he has had to sell his soul by dealing with the media to raise awareness of his cause. He's taught me a lot.

Snake Pimp should be able to add some comments here. He has been herping with him many times.

Good Luck Mate

Ah thanks girdy.. i think ive heard snake pimp speak of an "andrew" before now come to think of it..
Anyway, good luck to him

He is doing this to 'raise awareness of conservation'. Didn't irwin already achieve this (raise awareness), or did all his years of work fall on deaf ears?:?

I've decided to strip naked, smear rodent blood all over my body and jump into a pit full of lacies to help raise awareness of conservation. Any would-be rescuers can get lost!:p
You forgot the bit where you would be taping it all ;) Can't wait to see that footage :shock: :lol:

You are in the same position ;) Just fill the car with fuel and drive out to the most desolate area you can find, run out of fuel, and live off the land....it's simple ;) :lol: (Just don't forget to make a video stating that this insane thing you'e about to undertake is of your own doing ;))

i think i would get in trouble off my wife for just disappearing:D

What i dont understand is how he's gonna keep the recording going, he must have a hell of a lot of batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant believe the negative remarks coming from some people.
Its judgemental and disgusting, heres is a man willing to put himself on the line for the cause of our australian reptiles and animals, and people have nothing good to say.
Ide like to see half of you survive a week in the bush.... with no supplies.

This is a genuinly good man(and by the way, i know Andrew,i went to high school with him and he lived around the corner form me) and i know if someone else was attmpeting this, hed be one of the first supporters, so maybe a bit of support formt hose with negative comments wouldnt go too far....I know id rather a more aware australian population about reptiles..

The old advice that if you ahhe nothing to say,then dont say anythign at all wouldnt go astray...you ought to be disgusted with yourselves, hes fighting for a good cause, and you ahve to say ' I hope you get swept away by floods and nobody wants to rescue you.
That's the most idiotic thing ive ever heard. Have to be insured to get search rescue. haha, you're a joke.''
Maybe your the joke .....

The old advice that if you ahhe nothing to say,then dont say anythign at all wouldnt go astray...you ought to be disgusted with yourselves, hes fighting for a good cause, and you ahve to say ' I hope you get swept away by floods and nobody wants to rescue you.
That's the most idiotic thing ive ever heard. Have to be insured to get search rescue. haha, you're a joke.''
Maybe your the joke .....

I don't think this comment was directed at Andrew, but at another posted that was critical of Andrew...

Keep any nasty comments to yourself.
The media will beat up any story......

Way to go everyone... Spend the whole thread talking about how everyone shouldn't be posting negative comments, and really in this thread there is only 1 or 2 negative posts. To be honest the self proclaimed "Snake hunter" is probably after some attention for this, nonetheless I think it's an awesome thing he's doing and I hope all goes well.

So how did the media find out he doesn't want to be rescued?

If he didn't tell them he was going on a adventure and that he didn't want to be rescued he wouldn't have had that problem if nobody new he was even going away. If he gets seriously injured I am sure he will change his mind.

Good luck to him though, would be a heap of fun, though I wouldn't bother telling the media and filming it like a bear grills show I would just go do it. not like he is gonna starve though, walk in one dirrection and you will end on a highway, plenty of food thrown out of cars, or you could always walk another direction, padock full of cows, YUM! only hard part is finding drinkable water, most is polluted.

I might try doing it in 20 years setting off from wollongong on foot, I will struggle to actually find bush to get lost in by then though :lol:

PS there was only 1 negative remark, looks like two, its just because I quoted his remark ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back