Tips for Curly Hair?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you like the ladies Rox, Cause they say "Curls Get The Girls" Hahaha :D

Go into a Hairhouse Warehouse. Depending on how damaged your hair is you'll need various products. Probably a treatment (at home one), leave in conditioner, and some styling products, they depend on whether your hair is thick and curly or thin and curly.

Also, don't use a brush. Use a wide tooth comb only.

be careful with your perm whenit starts to grow out.... i worked with a girl that had one and it was growing out...
looked like she did a half a** job on straightining the top and then forgot about the rest... regrowth did not improve this look either LOL

SyKeD, thats awesome, just what i always wanted.

and yes Hetty, the girl in HW was quite helpful and managed the upsell on the shampoo/conditioner combo too.

but just look at how trendy i am!!
Return of the perm ... truly

Hah ha ha ha ha
:D

I bought some redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner, its a leave in anti frizz detangler for unruly curls, seems to be ok... i also use their shampoo and conditioner, quite expensive but when you have spent good money on a perm its worth looking after it...

Salon shampoos are more expensive but you use a lot less. A ten cent piece is enough for the first wash, and a 5 cent piece for the second (and yeah, you have to wash twice, washing once doesn't wash your hair properly, and it won't lather the first time, that's normal).

If you want to keep your perm (unlike me, I hated it), use shampoos that don't have sulphates in them.

I bought some redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner, its a leave in anti frizz detangler for unruly curls, seems to be ok... i also use their shampoo and conditioner, quite expensive but when you have spent good money on a perm its worth looking after it...

exactly, although i did pay around half price for my perm at a training college (bargain services, and usually pretty good too!)

i ended up getting HMS curl up spray. my friend has given me a few almost empty bottles to try out too, of a few different things..... will let you know how i go!

Salon shampoos are more expensive but you use a lot less. A ten cent piece is enough for the first wash, and a 5 cent piece for the second (and yeah, you have to wash twice, washing once doesn't wash your hair properly, and it won't lather the first time, that's normal).

If you want to keep your perm (unlike me, I hated it), use shampoos that don't have sulphates in them.

hmmm, nice tip. :)

Ahhh, why you'd want a perm is beyond me too! I have naturally curly hair and straighten it most of the time, then I feel I need to give my poor hair a break from all the heat and I hate it!!!

I guess it's like people say, if you have curly hair you want straight hair and vice versa!

Anyway, when I'm giving my hair a break I use Tigi's Curls Rock. There's 5 different steps starting with shampoo and conditioner if you want to go the whole hog but I just use the Curl Amplifier to hold the curl a bit better.

Sounds like you've got a few things to try first though!! Enjoy your perm :D

razor.jpg

heyy i have full on ringlets, natural ofcourse. i use its called 'cpr' comes in a lightish green tube and u get it from the hair dresser. i almost never have frizz wit it, unless its super hot

hope this works.

Well I have naturally curly hair-

016bn.jpg

I used to hate it passionately. It is a real trial and error when it comes to taking care of it. When I was a little tacker I never knew how to look after it so it was always a mess and people took the piss, but now that I know how to make it look nicer I get a lot of compliments for it. I even had someone in my family cut half of it off 'accidentally', but I know the real reason why...

The way I do it, I only wash it with shampoo when it actually needs it, otherwise I always wash it with heaps of conditioner. If I wash it at night I put a treatment in and plait it, and if I do it when I'm going out I wash it with conditioner and then put in some curling mousse, then I just don't touch it until it's dry, because if you do too much with it while it's still drying you'll lose the curls and it will go frizzy. When it goes dry you can poof it up (for want of a better word), but you should only do it from underneath because if you try and do it from the top layer of your hair, again, it will go frizzy.
You also have to try and make a guess as too the right amount of mousse you put in, too much and it will go hard, too little and it will go frizzy. You can use other products other than mousse but I tend to stick by things that I know work for me, I've used a lot of curling products that aren't heavy enough or are too greasy.

But other than that, it's nothing much. I don't understand why everyone seems to think curly hair is so difficult... :p

thanks amy22!! very useful tips in there!

...and yes, you should get compliments! its looks lovely!

1 word. buff. it's a schwarzkopf product my hairdresser swears by :)

Go sexy hair!
They have a range of products for curly hair & silky hair. Hairhouse Warehouse:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back