Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Matt-

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Seeing its getting colder which leads to a decline in herping threads (plus I'm just bored on a Sunday night) I thought I'd throw up some pictures of the snakes I have photographed so far this year. Majority of pics have maybe been seen before.
Cheers.
Bandy Bandy Vermicella annulata

Brown Tree Snake Boiga irregularis

Coastal Carpet Python Morelia spilota mcdowelli

Common Tree Snake Dendrelaphis punctulata

Golden-Crowned Snake Cacophis squamulosus

Keelback Tropidonophis mairii

Curl Snake Suta suta

Mulga Snake Pseudechis australis

Red Bellied Black Snake Pseudechis porphyriacus

Rough-Scaled Snake Tropidechis carinatus

Small-Eyed Snake Cryptophis nigrescens

Spotted Black Snake Pseudechis guttatus

Stephen's Banded Snake Hoplocephalus stephensi

Yellow-Faced Whip Snake Demansia psammophis

Nice pics! Entered any in the calendar comp?

Great photo's, my Herping season is over too, but i did end up finding a new specie for me today which was the Three toed skink Saiphos equalis, even if it's only a small boring skink i was pritty happy to find one as i haden't seen that specie before.
Thanks Tim.

Matt how long did it take to get the shots of the stephens' with the mouth open? try with the roughie next! Whats left in the way of sunny coast snakes now? you have really cleaned up this summer!

Matt how long did it take to get the shots of the stephens' with the mouth open? try with the roughie next! Whats left in the way of sunny coast snakes now? you have really cleaned up this summer!

I've got about 50 shots of open mouth stephensi pics...Ive got a technique to get them to sit there with their mouths open lol. I can't get roughies to open their mouths...Im yet to find a grumpy one. I've still got a bit to find yet, I've come across a few that I wasn't able to photograph or only found as roadkill.

I've got about 50 shots of open mouth stephensi pics...Ive got a technique to get them to sit there with their mouths open lol. I can't get roughies to open their mouths...Im yet to find a grumpy one. I've still got a bit to find yet, I've come across a few that I wasn't able to photograph or only found as roadkill.

join the club, all the stephens and roughies I have seen just sit still or slide away, I need to get better harrasment techniques. your missing the best critter you get up there, those majestic blind snakes :lol:

join the club, all the stephens and roughies I have seen just sit still or slide away, I need to get better harrasment techniques. your missing the best critter you get up there, those majestic blind snakes :lol:

Stephens always sit still and you dont even need to harrass them to get them to open their mouths...the same technique usually works on carpets too :) I dont waste my camera battery on blind snakes.... haha

Nice pics Matt. But seriously... nothing better to do on a Sunday night than flick through old photos?!? HAHA! Still, I'd rather be looking at your beautiful photos than watching the ********** logies!
Cheers for posting,
Nic

nice shots dude love the big grey lookin coastal and the stephens banded, bear g would have a field day up here lookin for tucker.

Hands down the worst snake in Australia ;)

How can you say that when they have so many variations.
Some have venom some don't. Some even look exactly the same as roughies.
Some are even closely related to Grey carpet snakes. ;)

Two things I am jealous of:
1: your photographical skills
2: the fact that you have seen so many species in the wild. But I still beat you. BHP :) Oh and Spotted.

How can you say that when they have so many variations.
Some have venom some don't. Some even look exactly the same as roughies.
Some are even closely related to Grey carpet snakes. ;)

Haha I like it!

And they secrete such a beautiful odour resulting in my great love for them!

Two things I am jealous of:
1: your photographical skills
2: the fact that you have seen so many species in the wild. But I still beat you. BHP :) Oh and Spotted.

Thanks for rubbing that in Mel lol. I've seen a roadkill bhp but never a live wild one :(

Haha cheers Slats, maybe I should just take mine outside and claim them as wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back