Are there RULES?????????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've been sent a newspaper article from interstate which talks about and names a reptile keeper/breeder and in not such a good light.

It is an interesting story and I was going to scan and post it here but I've been informed that a similar post from last weekend disappeared last night after the person mention in that article was named......

I've always been against the call to name and shame reptile breeders or shops as there are always 3 sides to a story. But repeating a printed newspaper story is slightly different as the newspaper assumes the legal responsibility for the story.

So, do I go to the bother of scanning this story only to see it maybe deleted shortly thereafter or do I just send it to friends by email?????????

Most newspapers repeat their articles online, so cant you just link it?

The article isn't online, and the person wasn't named, but the article was scanned and posted.

The article isn't online, and the person wasn't named, but the article was scanned and posted.

if the person wasnt named then there's no harm done ... unless of course it is obvious who the person is ;)

News paper article.This story was a quarter page story in Saturday's Courier Mail [page 47] [QLD.]so at the very least is a major embarrassment or mix-up.....solar 17

NO, the story I've been sent doesn't come from the Courier Mail although I'm guessing that the story in last Saturdays Courier Mail is the one I've been told was deleted last night.

if the person wasnt named then there's no harm done ... unless of course it is obvious who the person is ;)

Yes I know, I'm just being pedantic is all ;) I don't see why it can't be put up, it's not like it's some sort of back street dodgey deal gone wrong, Biosec says the guy did the wrong thing........

Sorry, just reread your post Devil, is this about a different keeper, or just a different newspaper?

Yes I know, I'm just being pedantic is all ;) I don't see why it can't be put up, it's not like it's some sort of back street dodgey deal gone wrong, Biosec says the guy did the wrong thing........

Sorry, just reread your post Devil, is this about a different keeper, or just a different newspaper?

Yeah what I have is from a different newspaper and relates to a different people, criminal charges ect.

The more I think about it, the more I don't see why it should be an issue. The news section on the site features many stories about people who have been charged with offences relating to reptiles, members AND mods alike have all posted in thes threads and discussed these issues. Why should this be any different?

If it relates to the expired licence, give at a rest. Not worth smearing it over the forum and causing unnecessary harm.

Biosec is now heavily involved (obviously) and the outcome for the perpetrator is not looking good.

Bio-security, that's like customs or quarantine or something isn't it......totally different to my story.
Now going to have to find Saturdays paper and have another look.....

The article I have relates to the possibility of criminal charges being laid against someone who was or is a prominent user and/or supporter of this and a couple of other sites.

I think it's a very different thing for someone who's usually biased about the situation naming and shaming on a public forum. However, if it's a published newspaper article that affects the herping community, whether it be good or bad, shouldn't this be the very place to post it?

Bio-security, that's like customs or quarantine or something isn't it......totally different to my story.
Now going to have to find Saturdays paper and have another look.....
Biosec now handles demonstrator permits in QLD. All other permits are still managed by EcoAccess.

Waterrat, the Devil has already pointed out that this is not about the QLD demonstrator.

Naming and shaming any one over what is possibly just a paperwork/communication error is hardly fair.....

And using the word 'perpetrator' makes it sound like the jury is already in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back