Indian Palm Squirrel

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet squirrels don't piss all in their bag, and make extremely annoying noises in the night when one is still in the bag and the other was let out and it jumping on the one in the bag :lol:

LMAO, they're still cuter, stop bein such a baby :p hahaha

Indian Palm Squirrel An Indian Palm Squirrel photographed in Bangalore
A pic for those that aren't sure, cut and pasted off Wikipedia...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

They are the only introduced species that may legally be purchased in Australia

There are plenty of introduced species that are allowed to be kept as pets; dogs, cats, rabbits and numerous birds and fish.

It's very unfortunate that they are allowed to be sold at all. But thank goodness they must be desexed before being sold. Imagine what havoc they could cause to the Australian environment if they were allowed to breed freely.
Australian native animals have been decimated more than enough by introduced species. Do Cats, Rabbits, and Cane Toads ring a bell to people, lol. Surely we couldn't be stupid enough to make those same mistakes again...

It's very unfortunate that they are allowed to be sold at all. But thank goodness they must be desexed before being sold. Imagine what havoc they could cause to the Australian environment if they were allowed to breed freely.
Australian native animals have been decimated more than enough by introduced species. Do Cats, Rabbits, and Cane Toads ring a bell to people, lol. Surely we couldn't be stupid enough to make those same mistakes again...

I'm with you!! How come there are numerous passionate threads about how awful it would be to bring in exotic reptiles into Australia, and yet the majority of responses in this thread seem to be supporting or at least indifferent to yet another hardy, competitive, urban-adaptive, exotic scavenger being allowed as pets? :shock:

Does no one else see this as having double standards?

re Indian Palm Squirrels

I must admit tho - they are really cute.
If they were like about $300-400 I would have possibly considered getting them - cos theyre different n quirky. Not everyones got one.
But at $1100 its quite steep considering at best they'll live about 5 yrs.
You cant show them like a dog or cat which you can buy for the same money and less.
BUT even more ridiculous is the price cos I found out from a friends vet that they can only be sold if they have been DESEXED! So you dont even get to breed them to recoup your expenses.
I'll definately be waiting for the price to drop before I'll be getting any.

Last edited by a moderator:
as i stated before there are alot of these running around Perth zoo so they obviously are breeding.

theyre sooo cute!

i was just at the petshop in mount colah and he was FINALLY out and about, i must have looked in that cage 1000 times so far this year and never saw him, hes so quick and so cute!!

Im a little bit in lurve,..!!

Biggest overpricing of a glorified excuse for a rat.

When I found out more about them I was shocked. Fair enough with desexing, microchipping etc... even so... that is still ridiculously overpriced.
You've got to be absolutely nuts to buy one! They only have about 5 year life span.

Still cute though. I can't deny the facts.

They featured in the daily telegraph about 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back