New Enclosure Vent locations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza09

Reaction score
Hey ladies and Gentleman,

I'm converting an old kitchen shelving unit into an enclosure for my Bredli 'Oscar'

So far I have cut out an old shelf(leaving a comfortable perch) and given it a sexy coat of paint, however as is has become time to add the vents(of the sink trap variety)

In the last enclosure I built I positioned the vents in the middle of the walls, however this time as I have left the shelf which is in the middle I'm wondering whether to have the vents in the top half of the cage or the both half...or both?
enclosure000.jpgenclosure001.jpgfutureenclosure02.jpgfutureenclosure03.jpg

L-R is the New enclosure before and after painting and example of the vents on my previous enclosure.

Where would you place the vents?

oscar.jpg
Thanks Bigtime, heres a photo of the handsome devil thats going to live in it.

How clever are you thinking to use sink traps they look soo neat and easy to intall and you can put four screws so it is really secure and snakey cant get out.

How secure is the back it feels to me like four in the back might work one in each corner.

Something I have also seen done....dont know if this would work for you but to use pegboard for the back of the enclosure. It has lots of itty bitty holes for ventilation

I do think the enclosure will be fantastic I especially like the shelves on the end

Elizabeth

The whole Cabinet is solid wood,

I did wanna match the previous enclosure as it will be sitting on top of it, but the shelves mucked that up haha

enclosurefinished01.jpg
Previous enclosure

it looks great already mate. id position them so you get a good airflow so maybe at the other end or at the back at that end if ur gonna put stuff on those shelvs. what kinds of heating will u use?
best of luck mate

Plan on using the same heating which is a heatlamp

and the shelves will be used to store my things like hooks and tongs

Just gave it the second and last coat of paint(so long as no nasty flies or gnats land on the wet paint)

This is what I've been thinking for vents
vents.JPG

Edit- By Heat lamp I meant ceremic emitter

I have vents in the top half on the hot side, and vents in the bottom half on the cold side

that looks awesome dude , looks like a antique cabinet , which is what i want when my baby grows ... you could make yourself some nice pocket money making enclosures . keep me updated with pics i think its awesome

The Round metal vents are just plain old stainless steel sink traps you pick up from the supermarket

HA! I wondered if someone was gunna make that joke :p

No worries, I saw Sink traps used somewhere else once, But I doubled them up to give a clean look from both sides.

shelvevents.jpg
Shelf vents finished

finished.jpg
All finished and waiting for electrics

Just need to decide how to attach the 2 pieces of broom handle size dowel I want as perches, I wanna be able to remove them for cleaning, what have other folks done?? I have a few ideas..

You could try using the hangers that suspend the rails used in most wardrobes,they are available at Bunnings and arent to expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back