Is it really that important?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinglegirl

Reaction score
Hey all.
Just a question, is it really that imporatnt to have a flowergirl and paigeboy at my wedding. There is no kids allowed at the reception anyways. But everytime i tell someone were not having paigeboy or flowergirl they look at me weird. Is it really that bad. To me its just another payment to fork out and there is no really little kids in both families..... Anyways just wanted to know what people though.
Cheers guys and gals.
Dani.
xx

PS: I know its traditional having them in the wedding and all the other aspects of the wedding is traditional, beach theme, church, flowers, beautiful dress lol, bridesmaids etc just dont see why you get looked at weird when u say no paigeboy or flowergirl.......................

I've never heard of anyone going up in arms over the abscence of either at a wedding.

number one rule when getting married ......
do what you and your hubby to be wants....
when getting married its amazing how many people have their view of how your wedding should be ....
Please yourself and him ..... bugga anyone else!
at the end of the day its yours and his wedding not anyone elses....
after the day is over its you and him thats in it for the long yards no one else...

Thank you froggy thats what i think to. Just hate the way people look at you is all i feel like saying its not your wedding so get stuffed.
Thank you for your comment shadowdragon, they just look at you like your a weirdo for not having them present at the wedding.
Thanks guys.
xx

number one rule when getting married ......
do what you and your hubby to be wants....
when getting married its amazing how many people have their view of how your wedding should be ....
Please yourself and him ..... bugga anyone else!
at the end of the day its yours and his wedding not anyone elses....
after the day is over its you and him thats in it for the long yards no one else...

I'm just going to re-write your number one rule:

do what your hubby to be wants....

Please him (your hubby) - bugga anyone else!

at the end of the day it's his wedding not anyone elses....

after the day is over its up to you to keep pleasing him for the rest of your life (so help you god).

I'm just going to re-write your number one rule:

do what your hubby to be wants....

Please him (your hubby) - bugga anyone else!

at the end of the day it's his wedding not anyone elses....

after the day is over its up to you to keep pleasing him for the rest of your life (so help you god).

hehehehe.....
hrmmmm i dont remember it being quite that way lol ....

Neither do i and fact remains that if the hubby dont please the wife theres no maritals happening........ so whos got the upper hand really? lol guys.

It's not bad at all its a personal choice and personally I wouldnt have page boy or flower girl at my wedding either... I think bridesmaids and groomsmen are enough and it doesnt change the day...

The only thing that is necessary at a wedding, is whatever the bride and groom want.
Anything else is superfluous. You do not have to have children at, or part of your wedding if you don't want to.
Having just organized my daughter's wedding, with massive help from her sister (thanks JoceyFisch ;)), I have some pretty strong views.

You also do not have to say yes, when, after the invitations go out, you get relatives ringing you up saying 'oh, can Mary's boyfriend come too?'
Mary and John have been together for like 10 minutes..... :x
Or my daughter's prosepective Mother-In-Law who wanted to invite her friend....
We had 4 or 5 such phone calls.
MY Mother-In-Law pressured me to have 5-6 bridesmaids because 'it adds to the spectacle' :rolleyes: What the? I had 2 bridesmaids ;)
Gosh, I will stop now, or this will turn into a novel...... :lol:

Michelle

Thanks adfel. Thts exactly how i think also. And to me children dont belong at wedding receptions anyways because young kids run around and break things, its way to expensive to have anything ruined.

The only thing that is necessary at a wedding, is whatever the bride and groom want.
Anything else is superfluous. You do not have to have children at, or part of your wedding if you don't want to.
Having just organized my daughter's wedding, with massive help from her sister (thanks JoceyFisch ;)), I have some pretty strong views.

You also do not have to say yes, when, after the invitations go out, you get relatives ringing you up saying 'oh, can Mary's boyfriend come too?'
Mary and John have been together for like 10 minutes..... :x
Or my daughter's prosepective Mother-In-Law who wanted to invite her friend....
We had 4 or 5 such phone calls.
MY Mother-In-Law pressured me to have 5-6 bridesmaids because 'it adds to the spectacle' :rolleyes: What the? I had 2 bridesmaids ;)
Gosh, I will stop now, or this will turn into a novel...... :lol:

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.
I also have 2 bridesmaids i think thats well enough. Your exactly right and thank you for your comment.
xx

if you change your mind... call me.. i have a nice little dress i can wear.. picture me up the front, pit boots, nice dress,flowers under my arm, fag in my mouth, an asset to any wedding really.... cheap entertainment... i do strip shows aswell.... you have my number..

if you change your mind... call me.. i have a nice little dress i can wear.. picture me up the front, pit boots, nice dress,flowers under my arm, fag in my mouth, an asset to any wedding really.... cheap entertainment... i do strip shows aswell.... you have my number..

When daughters #2 or #3 decide to do the deed, I will give you a call ;)
Sounds like you will fit right in :lol:

Michelle

When daughters #2 or #3 decide to do the deed, I will give you a call ;)
Sounds like you will fit right in :lol:

Michelle

Sounds good to me! Can you sing too?? Coz that would really save the need for a band or dj.

Shinglegirl - As everyone else has said it's up to you. I've helped plan 3 weddings over the last 2 years and if there's one thing I've learned is that if i ever get married to hell with what everyone thinks. I wouldn't want kids at a wedding either (other than my nephews who will probably have their own kids by the time I get married haha) in my opinion it's an adult event.

And regardless of whether you want kids there or not 2 out of the 3 weddings I planned didn't have flower girls and none of them had a page boy!

It's your day.. and it comes down to what YOU want to do!

Best of Luck and we want pics after the day.

Sounds good to me! Can you sing too?? Coz that would really save the need for a band or dj.

Shinglegirl - As everyone else has said it's up to you. I've helped plan 3 weddings over the last 2 years and if there's one thing I've learned is that if i ever get married to hell with what everyone thinks. I wouldn't want kids at a wedding either (other than my nephews who will probably have their own kids by the time I get married haha) in my opinion it's an adult event.

And regardless of whether you want kids there or not 2 out of the 3 weddings I planned didn't have flower girls and none of them had a page boy!

It's your day.. and it comes down to what YOU want to do!

Best of Luck and we want pics after the day.

Thank you so much and your totally right.
I will post pics, im so excited :)
xx

When my wife & I got hitched, we had neither page boy nor flower girl. I didn't even wear a tie! If others don't like it, tough, they'll get over it (we were limited on numbers so some people got sooky 'cause they didn't make the cut on the invitations)

It's your wedding, do whatever you & your fiancee want.

We then went through the same thing again, but with the whole "What do you mean you don't want to have any kids??" thing. Again, people got over it when they didn't get the answer they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back