Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

felixtherat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys my little girl is crook she has been off her food for ages now at first i thought it may have been time to just not be interested but now she has gone like jelly with what looks like poor muscle in her bottom half she is going to the vet tomorrow but just wondering if any of you have seen this before oh just went out and looked at her and she is rubbing her head on her bark ?????

The head rubbing could be a sign of Respiratory Infection. Get them to have a check for that tomorrow.
Apart from that, the only thing I can think of is Nerve Damage?
What are her temps at?

31 all day and night she is only 4 months

Gee mate, that doesn't sound too good (her being only 4 months).

Is her whole enclosure 31 or is that just the hot end? What I'm trying to ask here is: Does she have access to an area where she can cool down?
She might be suffering from heat exhaustion - or something related to that.
What sort of hydration does she have access to and what's the humidity in her tank?

sorry no that was a real quick reply she has 31 at one end and yeah she has a cool end plenty of ventilation and a big round dish of water humidity is good

sorry no that was a real quick reply she has 31 at one end and yeah she has a cool end plenty of ventilation and a big round dish of water humidity is good

I've heard of snakes going jelly-like like this before because of poisoning. Could she have accidentally come in contact with any toxins?

not that we know of but we have only had her for 4 weeks and we do take her out in the yard in the sun

she did have trouble shedding the other day and we soaked her in a old baby bath for 20 mins or so maybe that was wrong thing to do ?????

might take all to the vet tomorrow i just finished reading one of your other post about ri and our 2 jungles have always made that clicking sound you spoke about and they yawn a lot so does one of our coastals house full of unwell snakes and i didnt know

Last edited:
Where did you get her? Breeder or petshop?

Have you used any cleaning products to clean her enclosure?

I hope she turns out to be ok. Is the vet you're taking her to reputable with reptiles?

Sorry I can't think of much else, but other members might have some better information for you.

she did have trouble shedding the other day and we soaked her in a old baby bath for 20 mins or so maybe that was wrong thing to do ?????
Depends on the depth and temp of the water because this is usually ok to do.

we bought her off friends but they got her from a breeder and no never cleaning products and yeah im led to believe this bloke is right up there in the know with reptiles a lot of people have suggested him so fingers crossed thanks

might take all to the vet tomorrow i just finished reading one of your other post about ri and our 2 jungles have always made that clicking sound you spoke about and they yawn a lot so does one of our coastals house full of unwell snakes and i didnt know
That's not a good sign - but RI can be quite contagious so if one gets it, it's not too hard for others follow suite.
Hopoefully all turns out to be well - just make sure they are a reputable herp vet otherwise they may not find anything.

we bought her off friends but they got her from a breeder and no never cleaning products and yeah im led to believe this bloke is right up there in the know with reptiles a lot of people have suggested him so fingers crossed thanks

Well I am completely lost as to what it could be but it does sound like a case of toxicity with the lack of appetite and loss of muscle control/activity.
I wish you and your pythons all the luck at the vets tomorrow.

Vet asap.Doesn't sound too good and whatever it is has progressed over a fair amount of time.How long ago did it feed for you? Also no more handling or taking outside in the sun etc until everything is sorted.

she ate about 3 weeks ago problem is every feed has been assist fed because the breeder had her that way she has never just taken food for us

Yeah, that's not good that she has always had assisted feeding.
What, did your friend get a discount because of it or something?
Anyway, been to the vets yet?
What's the verdict?

have been told very little we can do but raise heat take water out and take everthing out enclosure and hopefully she come good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back