jungle enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
Im getting my first pair of jungles in a week or two ( i carnt wait :) ) This is the enclosure so far that i am setting up for them . Just need to add a few more hides and get some more marine carpet for the bottom enclosure .

Jungle home.jpg

I made the ceiling hides at work , what do you think ? is there enough branches in there ?

Hide.jpg

heres my soon to be jungles :D

girl
Sxr x kruass girl.jpg

boy
Sxr x kruass boy.jpg

cheers nico

You have a pretty good enclosure but i reckon you should definitely get a better camera so you can show off your work a little better. lol

Pretty nice looking set up. Although jungles prefer height than width.
Is that a double 4 footer? Wanting one of those, lol.

nice work did you build them your self?

Cheers, dan
Thanks , yeah mate i used google sketch to draw it up and got most of the material from bunnings .
There is 2 enclosures screwed together , i want to make some that are 3ft wide by 5ft high and 2ft deep for them when they get bigger , but im also thinking about doing a 4x2x2ft but standing it up on the end so its 4ft high .

okay how do u attach the branches to the wall i was going to screw in some ugly brackets but doesnt look like you are using brackets

and what is covered in the top right corner of the enclosures

good work mate on the enclosures. i hope you enjoy your new arrivals.

hides in the top right corner. good work on that also.

okay how do u attach the branches to the wall i was going to screw in some ugly brackets but doesnt look like you are using brackets

i had big branches screwed through the sides for a few weeks while i had some southwesterns in them , but i used smaller branches this time and had a bit more time so i used screw in rings on the branches and screwed some hooks into the walls .

thatd be great mate looks good, my jungle is still a bit small for her enclosure but i am setting it all up at the moment and i am still trying to figure out what i am going to do for a hide

thatd be great mate looks good, my jungle is still a bit small for her enclosure but i am setting it all up at the moment and i am still trying to figure out what i am going to do for a hide

You can do what i did , but use tubs instead of what i used . get the right size tub you want to use for a hide and then find some aluminium that will fit over the lip off the tub and the screw head . drill a small hole through both sides of the ally than do 1 side with a bigger drill bit ( to fit the screw head in) .

cheers nico

how did you fix the plastic hide to the steel (thats whay it looks like)

LOL ok, you beat me to it,,

sigh, i cant see any screwheads ! ! you definately need to get a new camera and stop using your phone LOL

Sorry Nico, i've managed to confuse you....... the 2nd pic in post #14 looks like a round tub somehow mounted to a flat steel plate (with a hole cut in it) thats what i was questioning, i've seen the tubs in rails before, like you say the phone camera isn't the best..... but i'm sure your diagram has helped explain it to those that are also confused LOL

oh i get what you mean , i made it from some poly pipe (315mm) welded a end cap to the bit of pipe and then welded some poly sheet (not steel) to the other end , its like a heavy duty storage tub (5mm min wall thickness) and its all made from poly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back