Newest Family Member... ok so he lacks scales but I wanted to show him off

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
This is our newest family member...
This poor little guy along with another 3 puppies were badly mistreated and neglected, thankfully they were rescued and not a moment too soon.
His rescuer sadly gets puppies in this condition on a regular basis, when she rescued him he was nothing but skin and bones with complete patches of coat missing showing nothing but skin and was riddled with fleas, ticks and worms. His coat has begun growing back and the fleas are gone but he still has scars healing and we still have a way to go to get him back to what a healthy puppy should be.
He has the sweetest nature and I am so happy he has come to our home but it makes me so sad to think that there are such cruel hearted people in this world... how can you look into those beautiful eyes and harm such a sweetheart?

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 124
I have recently become a foster carer for dogs through SA Dog Rescue (a no kill shelter here in SA that gets a lot of its death row dogs from NSW due to our laws here in SA), this is my current pup Snoopy, she was mitreated by a group of boys, along with her sister, then ate a bird while at the rescue centre that was already dead (probably had fox bait in it) and this poor pup ended up on a drip for a few days..

I have had her 4 days and she has come in leaps and bounds in that time. I have a 14 yr old son and she is no longer afraid of him, as he has been the only one feeding her special treats..

I am taking on one dog at a time as a carer, a small help one less mouth for the shelter one more for me, but its very rewarding.

Congrats on saving a dogs life, im sure it will now receive the love and attention it deserves.

please anyone reading if you do not intend to breed your dog please please get them desexed.

Attachments

• Snoopy.jpg
    Snoopy.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 78
so sweet. i cant stand it when ppl miss treat animals. i picked up two very small kittens from the side of a very very busy road one day while working. sad to say that one ended up being very ill from no food (MUMS MILK) thinking they were only about 3 weks old. people if you dont want babies then do the right thing and get ya animal desexed, dont just dump them. to me they are like human babies and need you to care for them not neglect them.
its good that you are able to take this little guy in good on you

good on you, we recently (yesterday) got a dog from the rspca, the lady that had her up for adoption saves dogs the day their about to go to sleep, and keeps them until someone adopts them, very kind o her.

Will

What a little cutie. I'm sorry to hear he suffered so much. :(

Our dog Milo was all skin and bones when we got her. You could basically see her skull, her eyes were sunken and she was losing hair around her eyes and ears... Her feces were nothing but blood (all you could smell was blood, seriously, it was sad) and she was throwing up white goo.

She had survived parvo, but she was severely underweight and suffering from malnutrition. Her back legs were 'bowed' from the lack of nutrition, but we have had her for about a year and they have straightened out nicely.

She was only 5 months old when we got her. We originally took her in to find her a new home, but everyone fell in love with her so we kept her.

Now she's a hefty 30kgs, and as you can see is much happier. She's the one on the right:

Attachments

• 100_0483.jpg
    100_0483.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 83
thank you everyone :) and thank you for sharing your pics and stories too :)

we rescued our girl from Moorook Animal Shelter. A no kill shelter in South Australia's Riverland. She had been dumped along with her 3 puppies. It's taken us over 6 weeks to get her up to a healthy weight and to deal with issues she had from being dumped and abused. She was afraid of men and still at times fear bites my partner. We are winning slowly though and the biting is getting less and less now she knows she won't be hurt.mookie2.jpg

I think that's great that people are rescuing mistreated and neglected animals (dogs in particular). There seems to be alot of deadbeats out there who try to "toughen" their dogs up, staffies in particular. Our friends recently got a staffy pup that it's owner would only feed it raw meat ( it was six weeks old) and it got locked in a laundry all day, lying in its own filth, not to mention the physical abuse it copped. It's a shame it's against the law to shoot those people..

I think that's great that people are rescuing mistreated and neglected animals (dogs in particular). There seems to be alot of deadbeats out there who try to "toughen" their dogs up, staffies in particular. Our friends recently got a staffy pup that it's owner would only feed it raw meat ( it was six weeks old) and it got locked in a laundry all day, lying in its own filth, not to mention the physical abuse it copped. It's a shame it's against the law to shoot those people..
I have been fighting animal abuse for years and agree with the fact that penalties are not severe enough. I have 4 dogs and of them 3 are rescues, 2 of whom were badly neglected and abused mentally and physically. 1 is now 16 years old and has been with me for 15 and a half years, the other one is Mookie, The last one was rescued from Pets Paradise, he was very sick and in the first weekend cost me over $300 in antibiotics and other treatment and food because he was malnourished and had kennel cough. My big boy wasn't a rescue, but would have died from severe anaemia due to not being wormed as a small puppy and he lost the ability to walk when we got him because of it. He too was on special food and vitamins to assist with his problems, he is now a massive 70kg, as healthy as can be and the biggest sook around.
I also have 3 rescued cats who were treated worse than the dogs, all are now inside cats and given the best I can give them.

I couldn't agree more Ray and thank you for your story also cosmicwolf and good luck with the turtle :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back