Thieves steal 35 snakes from home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
different mind set to normal people mate no emotion praying on friendly people who allow people to view there collection because they are proud of what they have and get walked over for it it really ruins the hobby for everyone

don't think they ever cought the others from the gold coast theft and wouldn't suprise me if there the same people, maybe buyup should get in contact with kris and work out if they new the same people, also kris should talk to the gold coast police to see if they had any leads that might match up to anyone they new.

They stole the black brown snake!!!!!
Someone must know who did it

Just makes you want to give up keeping herps :(

or not show or trust anyone anymore especially living down there in the brisbane/goldcoast/ipswitch region. people if you must entertain friends go out and do it don't bring them to your home...best be safe then sorry

this happens a lot now a days unfornatly this why some people wont let people veiw there collections.Then know one knows what you keep as you all know some pythons are thousands of dollars and we love them as well so money is not the main consideration but terrible having your pets stolen

This is getting ridiculous, the number of reptile thefts is growing out of control. It seems that its easier to steal or smuggle someone else's hard work than breed your own. It was obviously done by someone in the know so hopefully that narrows it down a bit. They're probably the same culprits that were involved in the previous thefts.

I hope anyone else that has valuable animals takes the appropriate precautions. Keeping your animals at an unknown location is the only way to ensure their safety.

Last edited:
It seems that its easier to steal someone else's hard work than breed your own.
Exactly, it shows they're in it for the money, not for the enjoyment of being involved in the hobby (whether it's themselves or the people they sell the stolen reptiles to). Unfortunately you'll get this in all aspects of life, it's easier for someone to pinch stuff than to earn an honest quid themselves. Thieves are dead set one of the lowest of the low-breeds.
Sorry to hear it Kris (& Troy).

Wow Minden is only 10 or 15 minutes from my place out near Gatton.. I can't believe this sort of thing happens even out here, Minden is such a small little hamlet.

These people are bloody germs and I hope they get what's coming to them. It sucks so much that we have dregs like this in the hobby, but I suppose you can't escape all the crumbs in the world can you.

I certainly hope Kris gets all his stuff back.. so young too at only 21! Poor bloke.

EDIT: is it possible the thieves won't be able to sell the snakes seeing as they had no movement advice, licence details etc or will they just sell to unlicenced people?

EDIT: is it possible the thieves won't be able to sell the snakes seeing as they had no movement advice, licence details etc or will they just sell to unlicenced people?
Most likely they already keep those species or know someone who does so they can put them onto license for them, this is where they may slip up and ask the wrong person

Really sorry to heart about this, indeed as said before it is a very sad day for our hobby.

Good luck Gex

very true they most likely have the species already and will just throw them on theyre licence as a "natural increase" or to replace dead animals, the only thing you can really hope for is the knob jockeys accidently got the vens and have no idea on handling them....... if all goes well one will get tagged and you can watch news reports id be going to visit whoever gets tagged by a black or brown snake in the next few months i hope your brown that got stolen was a grumpy snappy b@stardo

its a pitty our movement advices have to list our address's.... makes it all to easy if you deal with one unsavoury person

i've bought/sold plenty of snakes with just the suburb or "as per licence" written into the MA. Never had an issue with it and have had epa do a few audits on my books and never been mentioned when they check out the MA's.

I really don't see a need for the address to be recorded, you have their phone number, and in most cases email. if something goes wrong or someone has a question they don't need to come knocking on your door.

is there a way that we can insure our reptiles. Surely there's enough people with large and medium sized collections to a be a variable market.
Not saying that money will replace all the hard work

na mate you have to list the address that the wildlife is kept at...... no ways around it legally

sure legally there isnt any way, but you shouldnt keep anything of value at your license address or any other address that is easily traced. Personally I wouldnt even want parks staff to know where anything valuable is kept (not that I am accusing them of any wrong doing)

most probably the black market to other countries and through petlink :S unless they have a licence already to cover there asses

lt is a fact of life that there are people out there that will steal anything , for profit , for fun or just because they can . All you can do is be vigilant and dont make it too easy for them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back