Missing monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I woke up today to see that my Scalrais was missing!. The little fella pushed off his mesh lid. I've taken heaps of junk out of the reptile room whilst searching through it and blocked up the door with some rags. Then I put down a heat lamp on the floor to see if that will attract him as well as some food.

IDEAS>???? IIDEAS?

Check on top of things, you may find him hiding up high somewhere. Is it possible for him to escape the house?

I'm not sure if he can escape the house, depends if he got out of the reptiles room or not.

I went to check up on him at like 11 then at 12 he was gone. So there is a one hour time gap that the door was open for him to get out of the reptile room

Maybe just keep everything closed up put a heat light in a visible spot with a box of crickets or woodies & see if that will attract him. Turn everything off in the house & keep quiet, you may hear him scratching around if he thinks no-one is home. Also might be worth checking outside?

Hope you find the little fella.

sucks chances of finding him is pretty slim scalaris are super agile and if theres the slightest texture on any of the walls they can quiet easily shoot up them

i have had countless accidents with my scalaris and the first place they go is always the window keep your eye out for a head poking out from the top of the window track because even 60 cm scalaris can squeeze into the space between the track and window and tend to have that as a preference rather than cupboards, under something on the floor etc.

i no longer keep any of my arboreal monitors with top opening enclosures or any with lids for that matter because i was sick and tired of having to look for them lol.

Keep a good eye out for it as Mr.Boyd said look up high as they like to climb, my Glauerti's got out a couple of years ago and I found them five days later under one of my cages, so keep on looking and I hope you find it

Ive had a few escapes over the years, including an adult tristis outside. They have all turned up sooner or later. I heard the tristis crawling up under some outside wall clading. When I couldnt reach him I nailed it down so he couldnt escape and waited until it was very cold one mornig when he could hardly move to pull him out. I had an ackie turn up in a washing machine 5 months after he disappeared.

My point is keep looking and Im sure he will turn up, esp once he gets hungry. They all seem to be quit insecure in an unfamiliar enviroment and usually dont travel far.

Good luck!

Thanks guys.
I've had snakes lose but never any monitors.
Snakes seem to stay in the room and there easy to find.
Im going to se up false hot spots at night.

Would love to try the flour trick but the house is carpeted

In a washing machine!
How? hahah

I've looked a few times today will have to look tomorrow and tonight :(

FOUND HIM!!!!!!
Hiding in the dvd's. Biggest surprise when I wanted to watch the OC.

I'm so happy right now :D

Ive had a few escapes over the years, including an adult tristis outside. They have all turned up sooner or later. I heard the tristis crawling up under some outside wall clading. When I couldnt reach him I nailed it down so he couldnt escape and waited until it was very cold one mornig when he could hardly move to pull him out. I had an ackie turn up in a washing machine 5 months after he disappeared.

My point is keep looking and Im sure he will turn up, esp once he gets hungry. They all seem to be quit insecure in an unfamiliar enviroment and usually dont travel far.

Good luck!

mate is your name tristen by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back