What kind of Snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerpentNova

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is??? Sorry if the photos aren't super clear but they are the best I could get.:oops:
And what should I do with it? It ate 2 mice and killed another 2 :( And now it is stuck in the cage. Can I take it up to the national park (5 min walk away) and let it go? Or should I have someone come take it?
I joined APS just so I could post and ask :lol:

Attachments

• snake 004.jpg
    snake 004.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 258
  • snake cropped head.jpg
    snake cropped head.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 250
  • snake 007.jpg
    snake 007.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
oh as for letting him go just pick him up at put him outside the cage, it should be right.

Another Mouse Theif!!!!!! I can give you another one (that has been eating my mice) if you want

Where abouts are you situated? that could help narrow it down a bit. Looks a bit like some Copper Heads I have seen in the Adelaide Hills. If you don't know what you are doing, it is best if you call a wildlife authority. JMO

well theres only onr way to find out.....let it bite you
but seriously the head of it doesnt really look like a slatey?, and its pretty skinny for a copper

Where abouts are you situated? that could help narrow it down a bit. Looks a bit like some Copper Heads I have seen in the Adelaide Hills. If you don't know what you are doing, it is best if you call a wildlife authority. JMO

I live just north of Cairns, we get pythons visiting often and the occasional night tiger... but have never seen a fella like this one yet.

It's a Slatey Grey, as for the foul temper, the one my partner and I found a few weeks ago North of Townsville was very well behaved and we got some lovely photos of him:D

I live just north of Cairns, we get pythons visiting often and the occasional night tiger... but have never seen a fella like this one yet.
In that case yes I am WAAAYYY off. If you ask ten different herpers you will get ten different opinions on anything. Here are a couple of pics one is a Slatey Grey which is non venomous, and the Black Bellied Swamp snake which is venomous. Both can be found around Cairns. It is probably a Slatey Grey as mentioned but unless you can tell which one is which, call a professional.black_bellied_swamp_snake.jpgslaty_grey_snake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back