What kind of Snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it to your national parks ppl. DO not touch an unidentified snake. I have no idea what it is. You could just open the cage......

In that case yes I am WAAAYYY off. If you ask ten different herpers you will get ten different opinions on anything. Here are a couple of pics one is a Slatey Grey which is non venomous, and the Black Bellied Swamp snake which is venomous. Both can be found around Cairns. It is probably a Slatey Grey as mentioned but unless you can tell which one is which, call a professional.View attachment 155842View attachment 155843

If you get ten different opinions then nine of them will be wrong.

[If you get ten different opinions then nine of them will be wrong. /QUOTE]

It could be possible for all 10 of them to be wrong...

J

If it's stuck in a mouse cage, couldn't you just carry the cage somewhere to release it, open the door and let him crawl out on his own? No touching required?

Thank you all for your input... I intend to take the cage and let him find his own way out and had no intentions of touching him.
I asked what type of snake simply because I was interested to know what it was and looking at google images and through books it was hard to tell.
I asked about releasing it myself because I remember once someone saying you weren't supposed to do that... that transporting a snake elsewhere was illegal unless you were a licensed handler or it was captive and under a movement advice.
cheers to all who gave constructive input :)

Thank you all for your input... I intend to take the cage and let him find his own way out and had no intentions of touching him.
I asked what type of snake simply because I was interested to know what it was and looking at google images and through books it was hard to tell.
I asked about releasing it myself because I remember once someone saying you weren't supposed to do that... that transporting a snake elsewhere was illegal unless you were a licensed handler or it was captive and under a movement advice.
cheers to all who gave constructive input :)
If you release it just make sure its within 5Km as they say if you take them right out of the area there is a chance they can spread disease and/or change the local gene pool

If you get ten different opinions then nine of them will be wrong.
I couldn't agree more, that was my point. There was a lot of different opinions flying around. With that many opinions on the table it was better that a novice acted with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back