All my bugs (lots of pics !) :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2082.jpgIMG_2840.jpg IMG_2074.jpg
The orange one is my favourite "normal" trappy, she is from far north west Qld and is unidentified. The other is a bearded trapdoor Xamiatus rubifrons, there quite rare and are from south east Qld.

Hadronyche formidabilis tend to max out around 100mm (I keep them too).

and the mantids are boxer bark mantids, wouldnt call them rare just hard to find as there so small and well camouflaged i have found hundreds.. you just have to know where to look...

they are bloody hard to find :lol:
this girl was a Paraoxypilus Tasmaniensis, and also, nice orange trappy !

@ Zac :, yer i said that wrong, what i meant was, no australian scorpion or tarantula are highly venomous - a bite can kill you

@ thals : brilliant wolfie mate :), looks like a big healthy female lycosid godeffroyi :D

Cheers everyone

Trogdor or danielk I have been keen on Hadronyche formidabilis for a while now.. would you have any for sale or let me know where I can find some for sale?

very nice trogdor and i would love to see any of the other spiders u have

they seem to die in the winter ?
probably because they have a short lifespan.

@ philk : am i allowed to have funnelwebs, or do you have to be a certain age ? - im 13

wouldent suggest it mate...... wait until your 18 and can legally keep venomous snakes to

My Fiance love wolf spiders and considers the ones on the yard her 'pets'. She found this one at her work (plant nursery) and thought it was very orange. Never seen one like it before.
Wolfie1.jpg

She takes alot of pics at work of bugs she finds. heres a baby hunstman
Baby huntsman.jpg
And an unknown spider with silver stripes
Silver.jpg

And richoman, you dont need to be of a certain age to keep funnelwebs but they are not just another spider.. they need to be respected in the same way a taipan or something similar does.. they are very fast and can kill you, plus not all hospitals carry antivenom for the particular species you might be after.. i would suggest waiting until you are 18 as kenshin has already said. No one in there right mind would or should sell a funnelweb to a 13 year old, no offence mate but there very dangerous.

Oh and the orange "wolfie" looks more likely to be some kind fo water spider species, and the unknown one with silver stripes is some kind of swift spider.

Jimbobulan that isn't a baby huntsman. And the second looks like a swift ground spider or something, I forget the name..

i do have a redback :p

Awww them photos of the centipedes freak me out because of bad experience! lol around our house we found one in the pool that was about 20cm long! no joke! I freaked caus it was bright green!! O.O

Awww them photos of the centipedes freak me out because of bad experience! lol around our house we found one in the pool that was about 20cm long! no joke! I freaked caus it was bright green!! O.O

should of sent it over ! :p, im looking for a big pede atm, and really want one :D

@ trogdor: im no ordinary 13 year old i can tell you that :lol: ;)

Sent you a pm Philk

Here are a few pics of mine. All are old photos I left on my computer, though can start taking some proper photos on Monday (new camera arrives woohoo!)

Attachments

• formidabilis.jpg
    formidabilis.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 70
  • P1000849.jpg
    P1000849.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 75
  • funnel web pic.jpg
    funnel web pic.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 75
  • S. sp4.jpg
    S. sp4.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 72
  • malanodactylus.jpg
    malanodactylus.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 83
should of sent it over ! :p, im looking for a big pede atm, and really want one :D

my 13th is in Oct so not far off it hahahhahaha dont worry im like that too, keep everything and anything i find lol praying mantis stick insects you name it lol ( havent got any for a while tho, only my little frogs! )

Regardless, funnelwebs are very easily stressed too death and are generally ridiculously aggresive when bothered and can climb tweezers or brushes or anything else you stick in and are extremely fast.. get a trapdoor, most look better and cant kill you. Though, trapdoors cannot kill you they will kill your dog or cat if they bite it, yet a funnelweb will kill you but not a dog or cat.. interesting thing about them, something to do with the proteins in funnelweb venom working more on primates then other animals, cant exactly remember atm im half asleep.

IMG_3387.JPG
Phlogius pseudocrassipes when she was smaller.. most of my good pictures are on my external hd and i cant be stuffed finding them atm.. i might make a thread one day when i have the time.

Regardless, funnelwebs are very easily stressed too death and are generally ridiculously aggresive when bothered and can climb tweezers or brushes or anything else you stick in and are extremely fast.. get a trapdoor, most look better and cant kill you. Though, trapdoors cannot kill you they will kill your dog or cat if they bite it, yet a funnelweb will kill you but not a dog or cat.. interesting thing about them, something to do with the proteins in funnelweb venom working more on primates then other animals, cant exactly remember atm im half asleep.

yer dont worry mate i wasnt really looking on getting one :p, and i know all that stuff about them, i know all the species and everything :),
may get a trappie soon, just want to get a few more tarantulas first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back