All my bugs (lots of pics !) :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my 13th is in Oct so not far off it hahahhahaha dont worry im like that too, keep everything and anything i find lol praying mantis stick insects you name it lol ( havent got any for a while tho, only my little frogs! )

i wish we found that stuff in melbourne :(, its hard living in the city and liking bugs, espicially when your parents arnt willing to drive you out to the bush :/ - and they get angry at me when i spend to much money -_-

@ daniel :, mate ... for all that time ive known you ..... you never showed me that pic of that scorp :O, that is mad, what isometrus sp. is it ?

Are Australian T's able to be handled? I know the New World (?) T's are, but not sure about Aust ones?

melanodactylus ;) caught him just after a moult.

yer thought it was melanodactylus, i love them :), always wanted one, how mad is the one in the AIF gallery, post moult :O, id pay over $50 for that easy :lol:

Yes and no. Most are too aggressive/defensive but I have a few that are ok.

Edit: Nick beat me to it. And agree it is risky, both for you and the spider.

Last edited:
yer thought it was melanodactylus, i love them :), always wanted one, how mad is the one in the AIF gallery, post moult :O, id pay over $50 for that easy :lol:

LOL!!! your kidding right?... melanos are common as.. there worth at most maybe 15 each.. you can find them by the hundreds under tree bark in some places.

I live in the city basically.. you can find lots of bugs if you look, there are alot living everywhere in citys.

your in brisbane ... come to try and look in melbourne !, whole lot different mate, like a different country here :lol:

LOL!!! your kidding right?... melanos are common as.. there worth at most maybe 15 each.. you can find them by the hundreds under tree bark in some places.

nah theres this really amazing one on another forum, shows bloody amazing colours :), bright metallic purple and orange :D

there not found close to mine, i have to go for a bit of a drive to get them if i want.. i find rainforests and marbleds close but thats it with scorps.. but i know where to find almost all the diff types of scorps as i have friends who are licensed collectors.. hell ive also kept species no one else in the hobby has ever kept. As far as i know im the only person who has ever kept Lychas spinatus spinatus there a bright yellow marbled scorp, the true spinatus form. No one else knows of anyone who has kept that particular species.

there not found close to mine, i have to go for a bit of a drive to get them if i want.. i find rainforests and marbleds close but thats it with scorps.. but i know where to find almost all the diff types of scorps as i have friends who are licensed collectors.. hell ive also kept species no one else in the hobby has ever kept. As far as i know im the only person who has ever kept Lychas spinatus spinatus there a bright yellow marbled scorp, the true spinatus form. No one else knows of anyone who has kept that particular species.

mate, i really suggest you join the AIF, coz a few dozens keep those scorps :p

you are so lucky to find so much scorps. so jealous :/
if you find any melanos, ill be happy to buy some off you mate :)

i wish we found that stuff in melbourne :(, its hard living in the city and liking bugs, espicially when your parents arnt willing to drive you out to the bush :/ - and they get angry at me when i spend to much money -_-/QUOTE]

Well my house back on to the bush so we get scorps ( little ones) blind snakes, wallabies, blueys, skinks, possums, lorikeets, galahs, cockys, and in the garage there is a family of broad tail or leaf tail geckos...havent had any snakes that are pythons or venemous, would love to tho. One time, dad went away for a fishing trip and in the kitchen there was a blind snake and in the loungeroom there was a massive huntsman...lol mum couldnt sleep that night! :D

i wish we found that stuff in melbourne :(, its hard living in the city and liking bugs, espicially when your parents arnt willing to drive you out to the bush :/ - and they get angry at me when i spend to much money -_-/QUOTE]

Well my house back on to the bush so we get scorps ( little ones) blind snakes, wallabies, blueys, skinks, possums, lorikeets, galahs, cockys, and in the garage there is a family of broad tail or leaf tail geckos...havent had any snakes that are pythons or venemous, would love to tho. One time, dad went away for a fishing trip and in the kitchen there was a blind snake and in the loungeroom there was a massive huntsman...lol mum couldnt sleep that night! :D

you are so lucky, !. ive been dieing to find a scorp .... just one !, i know where to look, but have failed, everyone thinks you can still get stuff in melbourne, please, they have to be kidding, its horrible

I have a life ban from the aif and all the other invert sites because i have my own opinions and im not a sheep who follows blindly lol plus there pretty useless for decent information. And i highly doubt they have spinatus spinatus, they are from one very small location. They may have spinatus pallidus, or one of the other spinatus.. but not the type form spinatus.

Nice little critters. How do wolf spiders go in captivity? Do you know what species it is? I have often thought about keeping them, but have only kept a few species of spider before and apart from net casting spiders they mostly seem boring as pythons (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I find scorps and Ts to be pretty darn boring, and centipedes too but insects are so much more active. I really want a tiger beetle, they are awesome!

Would have to agree, i find they go well with Varanids though :lol: Are these critters tiger beetles or something else?

Attachments

• beetles.jpg
    beetles.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 98
I have a life ban from the aif and all the other invert sites because i have my own opinions and im not a sheep who follows blindly lol plus there pretty useless for decent information. And i highly doubt they have spinatus spinatus, they are from one very small location. They may have spinatus pallidus, or one of the other spinatus.. but not the type form spinatus.

nah a few people have the true spinatus aswell

Nice little critters. How do wolf spiders go in captivity? Do you know what species it is? I have often thought about keeping them, but have only kept a few species of spider before and apart from net casting spiders they mostly seem boring as pythons (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Would have to agree, i find they go well with Varanids though :lol: Are these critters tiger beetles or something else?

they look like a type of stag beetle

since when, i been keeping em for years and everyone i know on those sites still says no one has the type i have? i only know of them from one spot in aus, and its illegal too collect from there, luckily i have mates who keep them for me when they find them in there house other then killing them. So by the sounds of it some people are up too a fair bit of illegal collection eh. Wouldnt be suprised, i heard recently a few of the "big names" got done for illegal collection and selling.. nice to see the supposed top dogs in the hobby are ruining it for everyone else as usual... pretty soon there will be no spiders or scorps left because of illegal collection and raping of populations for a quick buck.

That wasn't a top dog in the hobby... The person you are talking about couldn't even id what he was selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back