All my bugs (lots of pics !) :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they look like a type of stag beetle

Yes thanks, just googled they are Rhyssonotus nebulosus (well i think) found them mating and i assume laying eggs, hadnt seen them before, so found them quite interesting.

Actually, i think i know who you mean and there were more then just him being done.. alot of behind the scenes stuff went down including some of the supposed experts.

since when, i been keeping em for years and everyone i know on those sites still says no one has the type i have? i only know of them from one spot in aus, and its illegal too collect from there, luckily i have mates who keep them for me when they find them in there house other then killing them. So by the sounds of it some people are up too a fair bit of illegal collection eh. Wouldnt be suprised, i heard recently a few of the "big names" got done for illegal collection and selling.. nice to see the supposed top dogs in the hobby are ruining it for everyone else as usual... pretty soon there will be no spiders or scorps left because of illegal collection and raping of populations for a quick buck.

mate, people have them, you have them legally, so what makes you think others have them illegaly ?

the fact where they come from has very few people and all the land is illegal too collect from.. and all the people out there kill all these things when they find them.. the only reason i have them is cause i asked my mates to keep them for me instead of killing them. I can bet i know who it is anyway.... if so its nothing new for them to support illegal harvesting.

the fact where they come from has very few people and all the land is illegal too collect from.. and all the people out there kill all these things when they find them.. the only reason i have them is cause i asked my mates to keep them for me instead of killing them. I can bet i know who it is anyway.... if so its nothing new for them to support illegal harvesting.

not trying to start an arguement mate, but ... what if people did exactly the same as what you did ?, not everyone is stupid when it comes to their hobby

Nobody has spinatus spinatus that I know of? But that would make your friends illegal collectors yeah?

anyway this is getting a bit sad, so ill leave you lot too it.. but i know the laws and i know what i had comes from a specific location which is illegal to collect from so i have no doubt at all that they would be illegally collected for profit, just as most of the animals in the hobby are collected, for greed.

Not if it is from there property, there lychas so there not protected, it is only illegal too collect from protected land.. they own there property so have free reign on it.

hey richo man do u know any scorpion breeders in nsw? or do u know anyone from around ur area that will freight to nsw?
im interested in getting a few scorpions as i used to buy them wen i was little for $5 each :) lol
just wanna get some and hopefully try to breed them :) see how i go

anyway this is getting a bit sad, so ill leave you lot too it.. but i know the laws and i know what i had comes from a specific location which is illegal to collect from so i have no doubt at all that they would be illegally collected for profit, just as most of the animals in the hobby are collected, for greed.

The hobby that you still support by buying those illegally collected animals.....?? :rolleyes:

As I said i don't know of anyone with them except you... And be careful about what you were saying regarding experts as apparently you think of different "experts" when talking the science of the hobby then anybody else does.

i dont buy illegally collected animals, how could i if im banned from all the invert sellers sites? lol and can you not read? i said im friends with licensed collectors.. means i get them legally and cheap if i ever do buy them, but i mostly only get captive bred and lately i dont buy much at all i just breed what i have or swap with mates who have bred theres.. im not stupid unfortunately.

hey richo man do u know any scorpion breeders in nsw? or do u know anyone from around ur area that will freight to nsw?
im interested in getting a few scorpions as i used to buy them wen i was little for $5 each :) lol
just wanna get some and hopefully try to breed them :) see how i go

hey shaye, i strongly suggest you join this forum - Australian Invertebrate Forum - Forum, my fave forum by far and has helped me greatly, lots of breeders on there, heaps
and also check this site out, he (greg) sells alot of scorpions, and he also is the admin of that forum. http://thegreenscorpion.com.au/
also, you post invertebrates :)

:)

The hobby that you still support by buying those illegally collected animals.....?? :rolleyes:

I dont know too much about this, but i believe with such species that unlicenced commercial collecting is illegal, but they arnt protected in the same way as native vetebrates (except fish). Proving these things may be hard but im pretty sure there have been prosecutions for commercial poaching of invertebrates.

Oh im sure there thinking of the right ones, there is only one or two people i know for sure havent done anything illegal, but i have proof on all the others. Thats why me and a few others are helping to take them all down, so the future of our unique fauna doesnt go down the can for a few cheap bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back