Dukan Diet?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
squishi I hope you dont take this the wrong way at all, but have you ever just tried healthy food in correct portion sizes and an hour of excersize a day? The operation you are going for sounds quite drastic.

The diet does also call for an hour of brisk walking a day from what I have read, so it isn't claiming to be a miracle cure for fatties.. it has a diet/exercise plan for once you've lost the weight in order to keep it off (much like Jay's diet really). I am only going to do this diet basically for curiosity's sake and if I lose a few kgs then that is a major bonus too. I don't plan on losing 5kg and then diving back into eating crap and not doing anything. I am actually quite curious to see if this diet will work.

Cement my laziness certainly is my downfall, you've got that right. I will be doing my best to turn a new leaf with this to see if I can finally keep the weight off through exercise and god diet - the radical part of the diet is just to lose weight quick then you plateau out and maintain. As for the liver detox, I won't say anything as I can see your tolerance of me is already quite low, but I will say this - the liver has a HUGE reserve capacity it is really quite an amazing organ. You can lose up to 75% or more of your functional liver mass and still have perfect liver function, which is why I don't buy "liver detox" as livers are the organs that do the detox.

Phil, my tolerance levels rise and fall, if you are only doing this as a "scientific experiment" than good luck, what will happen is that you will achieve what you believe you deserve.
A HEALTHY liver has a HUGE reserve capacity. In todays society we take in food and drink items that we were never programmed to have in our system, of course it doesn't kill us overnight.(usually!) In herp terms, why do Bhp's die when fed fatty rats? Medical liver tests (blood) only pick up when your liver is stuffed, not it's actual capacity to function. We are told that carrots are good for our eyes and ginger thins the blood.Are there food items that help the liver?
I love seeing people hit their full strides in life and have lived long enough to know where the younger generation are at with their thought processes, hormone levels and real life experience knowledge.
All I like to see is people search for the ultimate truth in everything.
I know for a fact that "average " health as defined by our medical industry is very easy to achieve. Why is this?
But is the average person truly happy?
And don't worry mate, I am still struggling with my own demons and learning as I go.
I will only ever wish anyone good luck!

Wouldn't it be a good idea for Phil to start doing some sort of weight training or resistance excersize while on a diet like this? IMO you'd be crazy not to with that amount of protein going into you, you'll burn extra fat :)

Really, everyone should be doing some sort of weight/resistance training - it will increase your BMR which Tsubakai mentioned. This means you will burn more calories each day than you are now, even while sitting still.

The only reason I don't suggest heavy exercise/weight training during the high protein phase is because it will feel awful. When you are ketotic from the low carbs your energy levels will be low and exercise will feel like torture.

Well first day was today. Had nothing at home and groceries here closed on Sunday so brekky and lunch was some lean ham and a hard boiled egg.. there was a lunchtime lecture on at uni and there was free pizza - enough for everyone to have a whole one to themselves. The lecture theatre smelled delicious and I watched, sadly with my egg, as eveyrone ate their fill - talk about bad luck on the first day!

Dinner was some lean turkey mince rissoles with spices, and a 0% fat minted yoghurt.. was actually really yummy! Also caught some yabbies from the creek and had a few of them this arvo.

Haven't broken the rules yet hahaha

I would think the fat in yoghurt (all of 2 - 5%) is actually the stuff that 'digests' and can be removed by your body easily.... However, minted (unsweetened) yoghurt is beautiful - but I like the small amount of fat it has.

You're an inspiration PhilK :)

I turned down mini Oreo's today if that's any consolation for you :)

Yeah this stuff was .2% fat, natural greek yoghurt. Bit of mint, salt, pepper, lemon juice and some spring onions - delish!

Maybe try weight watchers.........I went from 83kg to 65kg (within my ideal weight range). I reckon it works pretty good and your not starving, works better with exercise though

I'm certainly not starving now.. quite full actually! Went for a fairly long bush bash today putting the yabby traps in, I'm counting that for today and tomorrow I'll go for a jog or a walk or something

I lost 17kg and I've kept it off for two years. I tried calorie counting and a protein diet. Both worked. I wasn't strong enough to stay on the protein diet for long, I lost 3kg in two weeks, and once I went off it and back to calorie counting it stayed off. Calorie counting is much slower, but protein is really difficult. And I think if you lost all your weight on a protein diet it would be much harder to keep off, once you reintroduced carbs, and it's so much stricter, if you went out with friends you wouldn't be able to drink.

I don't think losing it slowly is a bad thing anyway. I felt in a bit of a rush when I was doing it, but I kept losing weight every week, and eventually got to my goal.

squishi I hope you dont take this the wrong way at all, but have you ever just tried healthy food in correct portion sizes and an hour of excersize a day? The operation you are going for sounds quite drastic.

I have actually been working with a doctor for 2 years and have tried every diet possible to man, my docotor has referred this opertaion to me because i have been very ill with liver problems and now we are getting tolast resorts. However I have known many people that have not been ill and have had the operation that have done very well and managed to keep the weight off.

I have actually been working with a doctor for 2 years and have tried every diet possible to man, my docotor has referred this opertaion to me because i have been very ill with liver problems and now we are getting tolast resorts. However I have known many people that have not been ill and have had the operation that have done very well and managed to keep the weight off.
Fair enough - sorry to hear about your illness, I hope the operation goes well for you.

Phil, congratulations for DOING something for the better.

Been 7 days on the pure protein phase, and I have lost 5kg. From this week onwards I am allowed to eat protein + veggies every second day, and every other day I stick to the protein diet. This phase continues until I reach my target weight (another 10kg).

That is a hell of alot of weight in a week mate. Watch it doesn't drop too fast eh? I'm a cyclist so weight is not yet an issue! Though I do lean down that bit more coming into important races...

Everything I have red has suggested the worries over losing weight quickly are all unfounded, so I'm not too worried. Anyway this second phase will slow down the weight loss, it'll probably take me a month or so to lose another 5 kilos I'd say. Just stoked I saw a result this quick, it's given me a psychological edge I think.

Good stuff. I think the benefit of these weight loss approaches is what you have already alluded to - early rapid weight loss gives good positive reinforcement that many people can use to help get them through the tougher weeks/months to come. Many people told me "Be careful, you don't want to lose weight too fast, can't be good for you blah, blah, blah". If you keep going with the long term goals in sight as well the short term ones it will all even out and you'll be healthier (maybe happier too).

I am a bit overweight aswell, because I love food and happen to eat too much with too little exercise! I'm also a boredom eater which is a very bad habit I need to break aswell.

I've finally decided to make the effort and do something about it now. I am on a 15 day detox diet to start, I'm on my 5th day now. Even now I generally feel lighter and have more energy I think, even though it says the first week you will probably feel like poop!

This detox involves cutting out any unnatural foods, to take the strain off your body and let it do it's job of clearing your system. These are the foods I can eat:

Sprouted seeds, grains and legumes, dried legumes, raw and steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, raw nuts and seeds, whole grains, wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, brown rice, sun dried fruits, tofu, tahini, raw honey, rice bran syrup, herbal seasoning or sea salt, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, herbal teas, filtered water, goats, soy, rice or almond milk, plain soy, goats or sheep cheese and yogurt (with no salt or sugar).

The kit also includes a few different types of herbal pills that I take before and after breakfast and dinner.

After the detox is over i'm not going to worry about counting calories or anything like that, I am just going to eat healthier and sensibly, and increase the amount of exercise I get! Will update here on my progress. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back