Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneobro

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey all , finding heaps of these little gecko dudes in my laundry i live in the illawarra and have no idea of local species ? we have had heaps of them come in the house when it rains , poor little dudes just keep on picking them up n putting them back outside lol im thinking they may be an eastern stone gecko but i could be wrong ??
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0010[1].jpg
    IMG_0010[1].jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 296
Hmm, They look similar to the ones I find at Young which are Marbled Geckos.. Not sure but thats what they look like to me.

Last edited:
Its not a ESG, Im thinking a type of Dtella but im not 100%
It also could be a Marbled gecko but i didn't think they were found within 100km of the coast in your area
How far from the coast are you

I was also thinking marble too I'm only about 20km from the coast ? Where are marbles usually found ?

I was also thinking marble too I'm only about 20km from the coast ? Where are marbles usually found ?
Here is a distribution map Christinus marmoratus

It looks alot like a Varigated Dtella but the location doesnt fit either, I dont know if there are other Dtellas found in your area as my field guide only has a handle of the many Dtella species

One way to tell if its a Dtella is have a really close look at the toes, if the inside toe is lacking a claw then its a Dtella

None of them have claws ? Out of all the maps and species list I have check none of them correspond with my location ?

None of them have claws ? Out of all the maps and species list I have check none of them correspond with my location ?
Yeah Im pretty sure all Dtellas have a missing a claw on the inside toe, Marbleds and Asian House Geckos have claws on all toes.
Yeah I cant find anything that matches your area either, and because you have found a few it rules out the fact it could be a stowaway

no wait sorry, just made the pic bigger, and it is not a marbled gecko. you can tell by the padded toes

It dose look alot like a dtella like geckoman said but how can u tell ? Some of the ones we have found also have like Goldie coloured dots down there back but look the same as the one in the pic ?

It dose look alot like a dtella like geckoman said but how can u tell ? Some of the ones we have found also have like Goldie coloured dots down there back but look the same as the one in the pic ?

ive kept marbleds for a while ;), (4 years is alot for a 13 year old kid :lol: )
ive only got some old crappy pics of mine, as they wont stay still :/,
you can see that the toes on your gecko are 'padded'

Attachments

• SDC13130.JPG
    SDC13130.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 105
  • SDC13139.jpg
    SDC13139.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC13141.jpg
    SDC13141.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 114