where can you keep better herps AUS or USA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
i think aus has a bit better herps then usa but tell me what you think

Define, better?

You can keep carpet pythons in USA, however you cannot keep exotics here in AUS.

i mean these [video=youtube;_zpYOTScZF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zpYOTScZF8&feature=fvw[/video] they are awesome but you cant have them here:(

but have you seen the massive geckos you can keep in USA

Maybe define your question;

Do you mean the broad keeping ability the US have or do you mean there indigenous reptiles?

As mentioned in snakebytes, those geckos are not native to the US.

Last edited:
In USA you can have ALL snakes, so USA definitely. You can get BALL PYTHONS!!! I cry myself to sleep thinking about Ball Pythons... haha jks... but I still want one. Plus, US snakes are cheap as. $30 for a Ball Python, and
just $350 for a GTP!!!!!

In the US you can keep virtually any species you want, inclusive of Australian reptiles that we can't have on license (eg Pilbara Rock Monitor). So given that they can keep anything we can plus more, you would have to conclude that they can keep "better" reptiles.

As much as I love our natives there are a few exotics I would jump at the chance to own.

you can keep anything at all in the US , lions , tigers,bears albino pygmy children.....there are more tigers in the US as pets than there are in the wild in the rest of the world...

Yes very true, my local pet store in texas had a tiger for sale-$800.

Dubai is just like America. I lived there, and a local pet store had SNOW LEOPARD CUBS!!!! And they're treated awfully :( You don't need a license or anything. In a pet store I saw an ADULT red tail boa in a tank about 50cm long.

yeah lived in USA for 3 years but was small and wasnt into herps man sometimes i wish i was into herps then. Could have gotten some awesome herps owell i heard bobtails are 110 here and 4000 in usa hahahahah suck

No you can't. You can't keep most Australian elapids.

In USA you can have ALL snakes, so USA definitely. You can get BALL PYTHONS!!! I cry myself to sleep thinking about Ball Pythons... haha jks... but I still want one. Plus, US snakes are cheap as. $30 for a Ball Python, and
just $350 for a GTP!!!!!

Hey W, I've seen a very wide variety of Aussie elapids in the US at expos etc, so if you want them you can have them (albeit at a higher price). Failing that, if you knew the right people in the US, there would be nothing stopping you from getting your hands on ANYTHING. Believe me.

No you can't. You can't keep most Australian elapids.

yeah lived in USA for 3 years but was small and wasnt into herps man sometimes i wish i was into herps then. Could have gotten some awesome herps owell i heard bobtails are 110 here and 4000 in usa hahahahah suck

I would say we're better off for this one reason... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back