Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kristy can't you use the "woman is always right" law to your favour somehow?

Not if I'm standing in the same house as the 4 coastals, 2 mds, 2 olives, and 8 gex I've bought this year :shock: :lol:

The key is patience, Phil. One day, he is BOUND to be caught out checking out a pair of boobs that are not attached to me, at which point, I will be able to exhort a pair of ackies from the following argument ;)

Got this little probable female for an early christmas present on the weekend. I'd pretty much given up trying to find a female to pair up with my male, but with luck this 'probable female' will turn out to be a 'definite female.'

DSC_0074.jpg

Very nice Slacker, even though I don't keep any they are one of my favorite monitors. Fingers crossed it is a female. Do you house them all together?

"she" looks tiny??

Yeah, she's three weeks old. Somewhere between 10cm and 15cm total length.

Very nice Slacker, even though I don't keep any they are one of my favorite monitors. Fingers crossed it is a female. Do you house them all together?

Cheers mate. They're great little critters! :)

I've only got the two now, and the boy is about 18 months old, so he'd probably eat her if I tried housing them together now. In my (admittedly limited) experience with lizards, I find that they generally do better when housed individually, but gilleni are supposed to be an exception, so I'm hoping to house them together when she's bigger, but we'll see.

Here's a couple of pics of my beautiful sandy Kowari, just since I haven't posted any of her for a while :D

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

Slacker - How was your three week old Gilleni sex predicted? I have been keeping small Monitors for some time and am not convinced a 'probable' sexing is possible at such a young age...

50/50 is the best odds I would give at that age ;)

Yeah, she's three weeks old. Somewhere between 10cm and 15cm total length.

Cheers mate. They're great little critters! :)

I've only got the two now, and the boy is about 18 months old, so he'd probably eat her if I tried housing them together now. In my (admittedly limited) experience with lizards, I find that they generally do better when housed individually, but gilleni are supposed to be an exception, so I'm hoping to house them together when she's bigger, but we'll see.

Young lacies that I bred this year.

Attachments

• 67594_447218634359_552499359_4977838_1389907_n.jpg
    67594_447218634359_552499359_4977838_1389907_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 207
  • 67594_447218644359_552499359_4977840_5447591_n.jpg
    67594_447218644359_552499359_4977840_5447591_n.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 223
Very nice Serp, thanks for sharing.

Any guess on the sexes?

Looks like you'll have to find new homes for your Diamonds :D!

Slacker - How was your three week old Gilleni sex predicted? I have been keeping small Monitors for some time and am not convinced a 'probable' sexing is possible at such a young age...

50/50 is the best odds I would give at that age ;)

Hemipenal transillumination. Danny seems to be of the belief that this is pretty accurate with gilleni as day olds (not that Danny performed it on this particular animal). I've got my hopes up, but we'll have to wait it out. I know the technique isn't perfect, especially on such a small animal.

Very nice Serp, thanks for sharing.

Any guess on the sexes?

Looks like you'll have to find new homes for your Diamonds :D!

Not that I am adept at sexing juveniles, but I have noticed a difference in their head shape and tail base thickness. I have a feeling they are a pair.

The diamonds are going anyway. I only have 3 left, which I don't want.

As they get older let us know how accurate it was, would be interesting (and helpful). Good luck, fingers crossed.

Hemipenal transillumination. Danny seems to be of the belief that this is pretty accurate with gilleni as day olds (not that Danny performed it on this particular animal). I've got my hopes up, but we'll have to wait it out. I know the technique isn't perfect, especially on such a small animal.

haveing done danny's transillumination on my sandies when they were only 2 weeks old \
we came up with 1 male 3 females.

nearing 18months later i am now sure i have 1 male and 2 females, and 1 i'm not sure of.
if you are on my facebook you can go to the sandie pics and see the illumination pics for yourself

do you guys know how big the cage for 1 ackie would be or do you usually have to keep them in pairs or groups

Latest posts

Back