Anyone play guitar?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What amp are you running? I will have to try a Schecter bass.. I have one of their 7 string guitars which is a let down.. Haha

1959 fender tele reissue (nitro finish)
fender 1976 silver face twin
mesa road king
miyabi takamine elc acou
A.E.R Acoustacube 3

If you want to see talent on guitar you tube Andy Mckee (Africa).

If you want to see an extremely talented guitarist, you need to come and see Phil Emmanuel. He'll be at our Scales & Tails Australia Festival this Saturday.

Cheers
Joy

If you want to see an extremely talented guitarist, you need to come and see Phil Emmanuel. He'll be at our Scales & Tails Australia Festival this Saturday.

Cheers
Joy

Yes Joy, Phil and Tommy are some of our best, love to listen to them playing together.
I think Tommy is in USA.

I had a guitar kicking around the house for 25 years...but could only play basic chords....2 years ago I got serious and started going to weekly lessons. I still suck tho not as much...My biggest regret was I didnt do this 30 or more years ago. Younger people can pick these dexterous skills up much quicker than older people like myself. My 11 YO and 15 YO are both learning. The 15 YO started the same time as me and she is pushing me..tho we both have different tastes.

My main Guitar is a Fender Highway one Tele and an ESP LTD 1000 (the Tele is easier to play but the ESP sounds better with the Duncan Jazz pickups..the ESP is in my Avatar)

My other favourite is an acoustic Cole Clarke FL2AC...This is not lacquered and the sound just keeps getting better every day....It is only about 8 months old and will really sound good in 20 years time. (Neil Young has Hank Marvins old Martin and that is used on all his 70's acoustic recordings)...good acoustics get better with age.

I actually collect a few guitars (like people collect art on their walls). I like the feeling of them hanging on my walls which inspires me to pick the guitar up more often. 2 of my faves in this collection is a paisley strat from Japan and a copy of George Harrison's strat from "I am the Walrus". I have bought and sold about 30 guitars in last 2 years searching for the ultimate and also to fund other purchases...whilst it is important to find a guitar that suits the individual, in reality the best approach is to stick with 1 guitar and practice, practice, practice.

I have a Chicargo Series Washburn with a Peavey 160W Dual channel amp, and haven't done much with it for 20yrs. I WAS good for my age when I was playing the pub circuit when I was 16, 17 (ahhh yes, nobody asks for ID if you're the entertainment! :lol:).....but nowhere near as competent as some of the younger folk these days after a long, long spell :lol:

I played for a couple of years and progressed from vreally bad to really suckish, so gave it away. My 12yo son picked up my guitar and has been having lessons for 12months and blows me away, (little smart ase)

If you get the chance go and see Bruce Mathiske. Used to wathc him at Newcastle pubs back in the day when he played with Well Swung. Better that Phil and Tom put together.

i cant really play but bought a peavy amp and a bc rich warlock guitar and was gona try learning but never picked it up haha, my mate playes a bit he has a epiphone les paul coustom and a ibanez with emg pickups, seeing metallica monday :D woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back