Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actualy dont have a snake.. YET, just doing some research as i hope to get one soon. :)

sorry, i didnt even you realise you can get a thermostat with a probe! Haha, must look into that.

Thanks for the reply, will be continuing to research on :)

this is my click clack to be

This is my click clack to be .As you can see the dividers can be taken out if needed be would you recomened a het mat or a heat cord and how would I use a heat cord inside or outside as im new to this and dont nomuch about heat cords. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00238[2].JPG
    DSC00238[2].JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
jay dog mine only goes to a max of 40 degrees celcius even though its set on the thermostat as 35 since when have touched plastic and it melted mine is in direct contact with the plastic and works perfectly never had an issue

I did that because I started her out with a globe, due to unfortunate circumstances the snake came before the heat mat, but I live in central queensland so in summer it will help not hinder. In winter I'll just cover it up if it's a problem, but I'm finding it's easier to keep temps constant as we're hittng 33

It works down South too as it makes it a lot easier to maintain that ESSENTIAL gradient that is forgotten by so many people.

I have a click clack 7 ltr just wanted to no how many holes should i do on average?

It gets to 13 degrees in the room the jungle will be in.

And im running a 20 watt urs heat matt

Any thoughts or hints would be great =)

cheers all, Daniel

I assume that the dowl is a climbing gym for the hatchy?

Is the height important?

Just something to climb mate, have 2 dowls and different heights not far from each other.

Hope this helps

cheers

Definately good tutorial.

I just set mine up last night as I just received my first snake but I definately don't have enough holes in it.

I only have 6 holes at the top the size of a pencil...

this is great definatly will use this in the future for when i get my first python but just wondering is this ok for to put a python in perminantly (of course upgarding the size) and if it is how often will it be necaserry to make the clik clak bigger and how much bigger

thnx jacob

unreal. thanks alot for your effort in posting this up

Awesome! Was not planning to do anything this cool but you have just inspired me! Thank you :)

Thankyou for the effort to put this up.Im getting my first MDP on Thursday and was going to use a small fish tank,this will be so much better.:)

Fantastic thread better than anything i have previously come across and love the individuality ppl can add to their enclosures for little cost and some smarts

soldering iron

Do you push through and make the holes inside to outside or from the outside in?

I usually do the holes from the outside in. That way, when the soldering iron goes through, you pull it back out and it pulls back through any melted plastic.. It makes it a bit neater and minimises there being sharp edges on the inside of the click-clack.

I usually do the holes from the outside in. That way, when the soldering iron goes through, you pull it back out and it pulls back through any melted plastic.. It makes it a bit neater and minimises there being sharp edges on the inside of the click-clack.

yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back