Snakes fall from trees in Queensland floods

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
SNAKES are still posing a threat to cleanup crews, with the reptiles even trying to escape the rising waters by slithering into flood boats.

Published On: 14-Jan-11 01:55 PM
Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

That would be a good job protecting the Kiwis from flood stricken snakes. Besides they don't have venomous snakes in NZ anyway so it would be an experience for them.

that really makes me angry. I bet the snakes would not have harmed any1

Same here Redbellybite. The poor snakes are just trying to survive like anything else. The RSPCA says there MIGHT be charges ***... wonder what they'd do if it was anything else but reps that were being shot at? They said there was a video but I can't find it, then again I mighten want to see it anyway!

I thought these people were in dire straits & needed all the help they can get, but they can still manage to get a boat load of rednecks to go shooting snakes????

I've looked for the video also and can't find it.

If the RSPCA or QNPWS (I think that's the controlling body in QLD?) don't follow through with a proper conviction and fines with these idiots (not to mention confiscation of the guns and removal of licenses) then there is something terribly amiss in what they stand for. These images simply send out a blatant message that this sort of thing is totally acceptable. Put simply, it is not!

Even if we overlook that they are killing snakes they have committed some serious firearms offences. It is not OK to go out in public packing heat.

Yeh, it would be the environmental mob, QNPWS - EPA... whatever they call themselves, that would have to follow through, but because of the "circumstances" they might just let it slide, I don't think they should but they will have an excuse. I hope the video shows everyone one of the rednecks clearly so they can be IDed & I hope they throw the book at 'em.

The firearms issue will be a bigger deal than the snakes. Before they can be charged someone needs to go and make a statement. Once that is done the police have to act.

There is no reason a few of us can't fill this form out and send it in. I can tell you for a fact that I will be!

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p02087aa.doc

I understand wholeheartedly that a few people are concerned with the situation with the snakes, but to actively go hunting protected wildlife in a boat, without any written permission or authority, and then using a shotgun to do so in public is totally unacceptable.

they should have the book thrown at them literally and figuratively all weapons confiscated and the boat too.

and the locals "The locals watching were saying it was a good opportunity to get rid of the snakes. They see them as pests, vermin and a threat to humans"

ah well dumb asses then your going to have an infestation of real pests like rodents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back