Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you Troy, where is the injury?
The injury is up close to his neck. he is so lucky to survive! the whipper snipper only just cut a small way through. I reckon another coat of paint and he probably wouldn't be with us today.
He is doing really well now. I have him booked in for the vet again tomorrow to get the all clear.

Nice looking snake IV, I have noticed,down here, that we have had a lot less call outs, for this time of year, than in previous years.
During the drought, snakes moved more, and encountered people more often.
With so much water around, they dont need to travel from house to house in search of it.
Thats my theory anyway..

So far..See what happens if/when it warms up.

Last edited:
Haven't had any good call outs this year yet either, every time I get called out it seems to be a blue tounge, mistaken for a tiger lol On the other hand there seems to be blueys every where this year

I was talking to a catcher in Alice Springs a few years ago when he was moving upto Darwin. He said that 90% of his calls were to houses with or near a swimming pool and had dogs. Water to attract the snake and a dog to alert the owners.

Nice looking snake IV, I have noticed,down here, that we have had a lot less call outs, for this time of year, than in previous years.
During the drought, snakes moved more, and encountered people more often.
With so much water around, they dont need to travel from house to house in search of it.
Thats my theory anyway..

So far..See what happens if/when it warms up.

Some great looking snakes you guys have there. The only little guys i find are stupid blind snakes!! The first one we found was in the kitchen o_O You should have seen mums face when my little bro screamed out "Theres a snake in the kitchen" Priceless! The blinds are still good too!

I have had minimal calls ,the ones I have had have been carpets mainly ,but did a rbb the other day ..took me two days to catch it ..was hiding in a flat ,there was so much filth and junk in this old blokes home I am surprised I found it at all ...only for the fresh crap on the floor did I believe that a snake could be still in there ..poor thing mustve wanted out as much as I did when I entered the stinky place ..anyway will get some pics up ,even though Baz reckons I take crap pics ;) which I do ... ha ha

Brown_Striker1-4.jpg

DSCF4294.jpg

DSCF4292.jpg

DSCF4291.jpg

DSCF3090.jpg

DSCF3108.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

DSCF2743.jpg

DSCF2669.jpg

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2393.jpg

DSCF2394.jpg

Last edited:
Just came upon this Forum and this Thread. I'm a Snake Catcher from Geelong and thought that I would post some of the Elapids that i've caught and relocated. Love the photos that have seen posted so far.

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Image059.JPG
    Image059.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Copper2.3.07-2.jpg
    Copper2.3.07-2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Nice Tigers and Copperheads, I swap ya for some Brownies:)!!

Here's a new one for me from last night. I believe it's Parasuta Dwyeri (?) Specci little things, but very hard to get the detail with such a small animal.

Here is a nice looking tiger I relocated in Warrandyte awhile back. The landowner wasn't too keen having it in his woodpile. It also happened to be hiding under the last peice of wood I moved in the pile and was overjoyed at being found...finally :lol: :D I released him at a nearby creek where he was away from houses. He still didn't look terribly impressed :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2,593
One from today; this was reported as an EB and turned out to be the biggest Marsh Snake I've ever encountered:)!!

Thats a huge marshy IV.:)
Here is a couple of pics of a smalleyed and a whitelipped being milked for arvu.
The whitelip bit a guy in Frankston and we identified it for the hospitol.
Then Ken from arvu rang and asked if they could get some venom from it.
IMG_5034.jpgIMG_5039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back