Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snakeluvver You can allways blame the owner.
very sorry you lost your pet mate.

you also cant blame the person who killed it.

human nature?
[video=youtube;EK2tWVj6lXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw[/video]

as has been stated IT IS NO ONES FAULT accidents happen.

Mate that's BS, if I let an enclosure open and my snake escaped it would be my fault plain and simple. Don't be scared to accept responsibility for your actions it's all part of growing up:lol:

Ben

i am very sorry you lost a pet

HOWEVER and if i get my head ripped off so be it

pythons are NOT 'not' a danger to neighborhoods, they can and do KILL pets if big enough, you only have to look at America and the introduced species (Burmese Pythons?) that escape and end up killing and swallowing neighborhood pets and that grow to such lengths to possibly kill a child

this bloke may have been an idiot, but if i was fronted with a snake on my own property where my pets are i too would send it to snake heaven, and before you go on about my pets i will point out my cats DONT leave my property, they have access to an outdoor cattery off the back of the house and my dogs are indoor dogs because i believe in being responsible for them but any snake can still attack my cats by the very nature of their outdoor ability

and i do really understand how one feels to loose a pet no matter what that pet is, its also a hard way to learn a lesson about making sure doors get shut and locked when necessary

confronted with a BHP roaming their yard (which can certainly be an intimidating sight) will quite obviously differ from the level of fear experienced when a dog is in their yard

im not sayin a BHP in someones yard wouldnt be intimidating, snakes cant move that fast..u could outrun a bhp, peoples dogs have gotten out of their yards before and the first thing they do is attack a little kid or even an adult so i dont think the level of fears do differ that much

oh please, dogs are much less intimidating than a snake.. depending on the breed sure if a Doberman started running at me id panic

im not sayin a BHP in someones yard wouldnt be intimidating, snakes cant move that fast..u could outrun a bhp, peoples dogs have gotten out of their yards before and the first thing they do is attack a little kid or even an adult so i dont think the level of fears do differ that much

You're being utterly ridiculous. I have been keeping snakes for most of my life, and I would perhaps get more of a fright initially if I discovered a large snake in my backyard than I would if I encountered a dog! I'm sure this would only be amplified with someone who has had no contact with snakes.

Surely you're not saying that the general public are more afraid of dogs than snakes? I love the sort of logic (if you could call it that) that some people use in arguments...

Alright alright people settle down everyone has there own opinion and has had there say. Continuing to argue our point to each other is liking banging our heads against a wall....pointless.! The poor guy lost a pet and we ain't helping him feel any bloody better about it. Surely everyone can relate to loosing a pet.!

It can be a satisfying thing seeing a snake returned to its owner, i've had this priviledge twice now. First was a Murray Darling Carpet that had been missing for a year. The second was a Childrens Python that had been missing for a month and a half.

Sorry to hear you werent as lucky, good on you for sharing the tragedy so others can hopefully be spared the same heartache.

everyone knows snakes are hiders rather than fighters... they dont really attack unless PROVOKED and even then i think they would tend to run, and your proberly more likely to get attacked by a dog than a snake because snakes hide i have hardly ever seen snakes in the wild maybe 3 times in 19 years soo i would say its quite likely he just wanted to kill it and i seriously doubt it attacked his kids or tried too thats just a lie to cover himself as anyone can see

It seems to me that for people who supposedly love and care for reptiles( be they snakes, geckos or whatever), you all seem to not have any compassion for the owner of the snake that was killed.....
Yes - he left the door of the enclosure open
Was this stupid - Yes
BUT - IT WAS AN ACCIDENT (PURE AND SIMPLE) - he did go around the neighbourhood to let people know and ask if they could keep an eye out for it ( was not much more that could be done after all)
It seems to me that both people are at fault here ( the owner and the neighbour)
The owner for ACCIDENTALLY letting the BHP out and the neighbour for being arrogant enought to kill it.....and then to boast about it....

This person has lost a pet and it is no different to someone loosing a dog, cat, guinea pig or bird etc.....

Show some humanity people..........

It can be an enclosure fault leading to a python escaping a mate of mine went to one of the big chains when they were first starting out and purchases a "Snake starters kit" which had the enclosure wired and all. When they got it home the gap in the door was enough for the snake to escape and it did they found it and were able to fix the gap but then the light cage wasn't fixed properly (Which is how it was sold) so the snake curled up and cooked itself. They were just starting out and bought the kit and the snake from the same store these people were supposedly experienced with reptiles yet it slipped their mind to sell adequate enclosures with the snakes.

I am so sorry for your loss and I am sorry you had to deal with neighbours that were unexcepting of your conversation and that you were met with hostility. What goes around comes around and if they knowingly killed a harmless snake they they will get theres in all good time. It may not be tomorrow or today but it will COME.
You may just need to forgive them somewhat and learn from this as there is uneducated people everywhere in the world and they won't be the last ones we all come across in life. Rise above them and be the beter person. I know it hurts but in time it gets easier.
So so sorry for your loss.
Hugs Jacqui

My opinion the guy that killed the snake knew what it was and had time to go and get a shovel which means he was doing it out of ignorance and should be fined. If I saw a snake in my backyard I would go get the camera and get everyone to go inside not run for the shed to grab a shovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back