More Common Tree Snake Eggs Hatching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dottyback

Reaction score
78 days today, 2 noses poking through.

Eggs incubated over water on shelf, temp's ranged from 24.5 celcius to 32.5 celcius.

Eggs moved onto moist spagnum moss today for hatching.

moretreesnakeeggshatching.jpg

Hey dottyback how come the incubation temps vary so much ? Am not questioning your methods, I thought a stable temp was required.

Hey dottyback how come the incubation temps vary so much ? Am not questioning your methods, I thought a stable temp was required.

Unlike pythons, tree snakes lay their eggs and then leave them to fend for themselves - therefore a natural temperature variant must take place ...

Is there any cooler sight ...?!

Only if one turned out to be albino! :D

Unsub, I wanted to incubate them close to how they would in the wild, and on a particular shelf in my herp room seemed appropriate. I am doing the same with slatey grey eggs and the ones on the shelf look better than the ones in the incubator. As there is no maternal incubation with Australian colubrids, the eggs experience more variances with tempatures..That’s my theory anyhow..

awsome, do tree snakes make good pets?

once settled in and feeding well and not sounding bias Common Tree snakes make better pets than pythons in my opinion!

first one out this morning!

moretreesnakehatching11.jpg

moretreesnakehatching22.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that info Dottyback. That hatchie looks real nice.

thats great news,well done and hope they all start feeding nice and easy for you.

Thanks Krusty. The mother is the smaller of the two CTS that I got from you. You should see her now. Being the more agressive feeder, she's now significantly bigger than the other one and quite blue. Of course, given that she's got a yellow throat, she's not a 'true blue' ...

Last edited:
So 82 days for me. Interesting to note that temperature obviously has an effect on duration. I still had quite a (deliberature) temperature variation but I don't think that it quite reached the temperature highs.

how do you get tree snakes feeding? feeder fish? or force fed pinkys?

I am excited for you. Can you PM me your feeding process. Ben or Nic?
Thanks Jannico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back