firearms ownership

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own 5 firearms. 3 are soley for targets on the range the other 2 are for feral animals.Guns are just like venomous snakes if handled properly and by someone who is trained there harmless.
I reckon the laws are OK...but could be better.

Ps - Got a .308 remmington 700 tactical for sale or swap. Pm for details.

.Guns are just like venomous snakes if handled properly and by someone who is trained there harmless.

Mate firearms and Harmless don't mix the word complacent comes to mind when people have the attitude that there Harmless that's when people get hurt!!! grrr makes my blood boil

Mate firearms and Harmless don't mix the word complacent comes to mind when people have the attitude that there Harmless that's when people get hurt!!! grrr makes my blood boil
But it is like previous mentioned, a firearm on its own is completely harmless.. its when you give that harmless gun to someone who has no idea what they are doing that it becomes a lethal weapon

Yes but when you get complacent in the field or at the range thats when people get shoot.

admitting that a firearm in itself can be harmless in the right hands does not necessarily equate to complacency though (thats what idiocy does) , i personally feel it to be the opposite. It puts all the ownership onto you as the possessor and user of the gun to handle it in a responsible manner. Knowing how to safely handle any firearm you're holding is the key to safe gun ownership. Anyone who has a gun that is scared it will go off at a moment that it shouldn't or in an unsafe manner, is handling there firearm wrong. simple as that

guns,knives,cross bows,cars alcahol,drugs, responsibility, trust, power etc etc etc when it is abused by people things go bad...............does banning guns or any of the others solve the problem???. As i said before the problem is human nature....and how do you place restrictions on that??? A gun is a tool....a screw driver is a tool both in the hand of a human can and have killed.

Hang on Mr Remington...settle down...Thats your opinion, and thats cool...The people i hunt with also share the same analogy..."Guns used correctly in the hands of trained people are harmless/safe",and after many many trips we have never once had a close call. This is soley due to the fact that all of us have been trained with safety being our number 1 concern.

Our Cardinal rule is that a fiream must always be 'in control'. When its not in use - its unloaded and locked away, Before we use it (clean it) - Ammo and bolts are tucked/locked away, when on the feild, its used by a trained person...And this ensures the safety while enjoying our hobby. For us there is no in-between, this is how its done. We know any deviation from this is when people could get hurt.

I was using a .308 cal the other day at a range and could never imagine pointing it at someone. The very thought of it was horrrific. I'd imagine most people would be of equal mindset. The others are probably too busy beating people and robbing houses to worry about filling out firearms paperwork :lol:

From what I'm currently experiencing now, the hurdles in obtaining one legally are pretty damn high; and I think thats a good thing. I'm sure it'd be far easier getting one on the black market, and this is the area that needs cracking down on! How often do you hear of police raids where various guns (a lot of them large calibre semi-autos) are found with large quantities of narcotics? It's almost weekly.

I also think in recent years we've become a little smarter as a society and have clamped down wisely in regards to ownership and accountabilty of firearms sales. Still, there is an awful lot out there that are unaswered for.

Kid we are not talking about what firearms may not have been made for.

Mate you ask peoples views on guns and then rip into anyone whos view differs to yours. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Personally unless you live on a farm I don't think you should be able to keep them at home they should be locked up at the club or local cop shop when not being used.

Ben

Mate you ask peoples views on guns and then rip into anyone whos view differs to yours. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Personally unless you live on a farm I don't think you should be able to keep them at home they should be locked up at the club or local cop shop when not being used.

Ben

This is the sort of reply i would expect from an uninformed person, Mate there is no way in hell i would allow the storage of my firearms by another person no matter who it may be.
To put it into context a competition gun valued at $20000 + or - $5000 or so depending on model etc is not some thing you let out of your control for a second!

Who needs firearms?
Then again, this Nu Gini pela would have been better off with a bullet through his head.

I don't know, here is another "shot". Looks like he didn't run fast enough.

If anyone needs a firearm Im pretty sure it's that poor bloke...

Ben

that's a brilliant idea. One big firearms supermarket for the crims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back