Slug I.d

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerman

Reaction score
found this guy out cruising in the drizzle at home tonight. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• P1020547 (2).jpg
    P1020547 (2).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Jack , how big do they get? I used to see big slugs with red diamonds on their backs when i was living in the Northern rivers area, but nothing this size.

big, my feet have found some real monsters at my parents place in mittagong.
and i believe they are ferals too.

wow they are nice, would love some if you guys could find me a small quantity

are you serious hornet? i'll quite happily promise to send you some, because murphy's law states that i will then get through the rest of summer without slimy toes!

Leopards are ferals, but the red triangle ones are native. Apparently the leopard slug eats pet feces, just a fun fact for you all...

should be easy to feed then hornet, just wander about collecting dog poo... you might wanna house them outdoors though

are you serious hornet? i'll quite happily promise to send you some, because murphy's law states that i will then get through the rest of summer without slimy toes!

Yea mate if you can, i'm deadly serious :). I keep a few native snails and have kept red triangle slugs in the past and would be keen to see how these guys take to captivity just because of the size of em

They also feed on animal flesh so can easily be fed on meat like cat food

cheers mate, i guess even on a site of rep lovers i seem weird as a snail and slug keeper lol

John, your weird regardless of your pets lol.
Leopard slugs can reach around 20cm in length, there supposedly found all over australia but originally from europe. I've never managed to find myself any. I wanted to keep them awhile back too. As was stated previously red triangles are native and also reach a considerable size, and here is another fun fact for all, leopard slugs while mating twist around one another constantly until slime builds up into a "rope" which they then hang off of below tree branches too mate, also when there genitals come out they also twist together and end up looking somewhat like a fluro glowing blue flower. Its quite amazing too watch, im sure there would be a video on youtube or something. John if you get some swing me 2, since there all hemaphrodites you dont need specific m/f pairs.

Cheers
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back