Bring back the cane!!!!!??????? for the juvenile problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a great idea if my kid ever get into trouble at school for bullying...
Public apology, written by the victim, read at school assembly:).

what makes me feel safe is the police station 2 minutes drive from my house.

Police these days do sweet FA. I was actually inside a police station once and listened to a call for help over the radio...the fuel station attendant was bailed up inside the toilets as there were 5 young thugs waiting outside that wanted to beat the crap out of him "5 against 1". The cops just laughed amongst one another and said 'Nahhhh, can't be bothered' let someone else get it? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, the fuel station was literally around the corner and the cops were doing nothing except sitting around and drinking coffee. From that day on, I've lost all respect and trust for the police!

People are tarring all kids with the same brush "Teenagers have no respect for themselves" What? By making this statement you have disrespected every teenager that puts their head down and does his darn well best to be a good member of society. How do you expect respect if you don't give it yourself, respect is learned and earned if someone lacks respect chances are they haven't been taught it. And if you think that your age grants you the right to respect think again!

it seems that the first post is putting most teens into the fact that if they walk around at night as a groupe there looking to make trouble... and that just not true me and my mates walk around in a groupe at like 2am somtimes and were not out to make trouble of hurt anybody.... maybe alittle mischeif here and there but nothing that could hurt anyone.... so maybe you shouldnt just asume that all teens that walk around in goupes at night are out to cause trouble and hurt people..

just my two cents,....

I realise not all teens who walk around at night in groups are bad or up to no good......... but the ones who do and don't respect others and cause hardship must pay....no excuses or pity....anyone who gets past my dogs and breaks into my house and places my family in danger will receive no quarter from me.

A while ago a youth in Darwin flogged up and robbed a taxi driver .........not long after he was drunk and fell asleep on a road and was run over and killed by a taxi..........is that karma???

While were bring back the Cane, ill assume we can bring back some good old fashion wife beating, women are just so rude these days or something

I asked a Kung Fu Master a question, you can discipline your children, but how do you teach them to be self disciplined? You can guess the answer (send them to King Fu school!). As for the cane, it depends on the attitude of the person weilding it. Children need boundaries and disciplined parents to dish out the punishment. It gives children security when boundaries are enforced. We as humans are designed that we have to be self disciplined, without it we would be hopeless juveniles. So if we can't be self disciplined, we get disciplined with the cane. I read once that as a child up until the age of 7-12, the patterns experienced during this time, e.g. alcoholic or abusive parents, stay with the person for life and are very difficult to alter. The enforcer of the discipline needs to have the interests of the child at heart and for the child to understand what they are being disciplined for. At the end of the day, as others have said before, the buck stops with the parent/guardian - they are ultimately responsible.

steve i realise not ALL teenagers are the same and happily say i have come across many 'young kids' here in Broken Hill who are very polite and respectful and i have no problems giving them that same respect back

but if a teenager near me lets off a mouthful of obscenity you can bet all he will get from me is a filthy glare and a mouthful of the same but under my breath and not one ounce of respect

sorry geckos_are_great but if your roaming the streets at 2am in the morning then you are looking to get up to something, whether or not you hurt anyone is a matter of exactly what your up to, your not being a group of angels and IMO there is NO need for you and your mates to be out at that time of the morning, why arent you home in bed and do your parents know your wandering the streets looking for mischief? and exactly what kind of 'mischief' are you and your mates up to?

There are many psychology studies showing that physical punishment is detrimental to the mental health and well being of children.

In addition, to all the people saying 'things are so bad now', that is incorrect. If you look at mortality and crime rates generally, we're at the lowest we've ever been in history (inclusive of statistics from World War II).

I will dig up some references later.

I was also watching a doco about some of the worst killers in Australia. Seems they had a very violent father and the mother couldn't care less what the kids did. So, the mixed messages that the kids were getting seemed to send them down the wrong path. No excuse though, everyone has a choice in life.

True to a certain degree, yes. Our justice system protects those whose crime is related to mental illness and where the perpetrator has no motivation or intention..

sorry geckos_are_great but if your roaming the streets at 2am in the morning then you are looking to get up to something, whether or not you hurt anyone is a matter of exactly what your up to, your not being a group of angels and IMO there is NO need for you and your mates to be out at that time of the morning, why arent you home in bed and do your parents know your wandering the streets looking for mischief? and exactly what kind of 'mischief' are you and your mates up to?

Have you considered that the streets may be safer than the kids home envorionment?

Police these days do sweet FA. I was actually inside a police station once and listened to a call for help over the radio...the fuel station attendant was bailed up inside the toilets as there were 5 young thugs waiting outside that wanted to beat the crap out of him "5 against 1". The cops just laughed amongst one another and said 'Nahhhh, can't be bothered' let someone else get it? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, the fuel station was literally around the corner and the cops were doing nothing except sitting around and drinking coffee. From that day on, I've lost all respect and trust for the police!

I agree. I’ve heard the cops say the same thing. We were having break-ins all the time in our drive-way and the cops said “we’ve got one car available, what do you want us to do about it??” the word “policing” came to mind but I guess that’s not their job? :lol: I thought like suggesting taking finger-prints for starters??..... you know, in case one day this century they actually catch one of these idiots and are then able to trace them to other crimes?? Just an idea ;) I’ve got a local police station also, but it doesn’t make me feel any better knowing its there. Perhaps if I could get the lazy donut-eating, coffee-guzzling cops out of their warm, cozy station to attend a bit of an issue I had it may have instilled a bit of confidence? :lol:

I havent read the whole thing but one one of the big issues apart from the courts being far too lenient is government handouts. Yes some people do truly need them and deserve them but so many of these juvenile delinquents are getting a free ride off the tax payers and are repaying us with bashings, rapes, burglaries etc. There is a "gang" of local teens in my area who bludge off center link and have been responsible for a huge amount of vandalism in the area as well as a number of bashings. One in particular was a guy i used to work with, he was walking through a park they were drinking in on a thursday night and got jumped by 6 or 7 of them. The government needs to stop giving these animals handouts and needs to actually start taking action with harsh penalties on juvenile offenders

Hornet - I agree...

I am always reminded of the email that's from the guy who drives trucks at a mine and he gets drug tested regularly to make sure he is doing the right thing. His argument was - if he was to be fired for taking drugs, then he'd have to get the dole, and there's no drug testing for that... So maybe there should be.

We as a human race have lost that 'community' spirit. We don't have it with our 8am - 7pm busy lifestyles.

I don't even earn that much (still above the average) and I sometimes stay at work till 10pm or later depending on what I am doing. My daughter has to say goodnight to me at 3pm when she leaves school - but I can't do anything about it...

But conversely I am a strong family orientated person - and I find the family is the strongest unit when it works well.

I hope my daughter never commits a serious crime - statistically she's not likely to - I teach her the good things to do and I have a strong organisation of boundaries to give her.

If only a few others did the same...

I wish it would be brought back as it is obvious that so many juveniles are receiving no discipline at home.
Maybe the cane would make a difference at an early age as there is no respect for the law these days.

bosses should also be allowed to bash their employees for being late, etc
cops should be allowed to tazer randoms off the street
no, child abuse should not be allowed, especially at school

and you answered your own question, you said that these "youths" are recieving no discipline at home, well maybe thats what you need to fix, if you care so much

oh and another thing, don't you think that the cops will just blame "youths" for all this, is there evidence? witnesses? how do you KNOW that ALL of these crimes were comitted by youths?

also, what are "youths" in you guy's eyes, because anyone over 18 isnt really a youth, legally they are an adult....

bosses should also be allowed to bash their employees for being late, etc
cops should be allowed to tazer randoms off the street
no, child abuse should not be allowed, especially at school

and you answered your own question, you said that these "youths" are recieving no discipline at home, well maybe thats what you need to fix, if you care so much

oh and another thing, don't you think that the cops will just blame "youths" for all this, is there evidence? witnesses? how do you KNOW that ALL of these crimes were comitted by youths?

also, what are "youths" in you guy's eyes, because anyone over 18 isnt really a youth, legally they are an adult....

Ask the father who was holding his baby while he was stabbed 10 times by a juvenile in his own house what evidence he has......only to see the courts give a 1 year sentence and the offender not to be named because he was a JUVENILE - in case you are not sure what this means ....he was under 18 years old.... The cops did not let this trash off lightly it was the courts. Lizadboii perhaps you are one who likes to make excuses for this kind of behaviour or pretend it does not happen

Ask the father who was holding his baby while he was stabbed 10 times by a juvenile in his own house what evidence he has......only to see the courts give a 1 year sentence and the offender not to be named because he was a JUVENILE - in case you are not sure what this means ....he was under 18 years old.... The cops did not let this trash off lightly it was the courts. Lizadboii perhaps you are one who likes to make excuses for this kind of behaviour or pretend it does not happen
i do not pretend it does happen, nor try to make excuses, the teens you stabbed you definatly deserved more than what they got, im just saying that, surely every crime committed by "youths" wasnt, people are quick to stereotype people these days, me and 1 or 2 mates sneak out, we walk the streets, but we dont do anything, bar one mate who is on a good behaviour bond for several accounts of graffiti and vandalism, but we dont do anything, maybe call out for a hoon to do a burnout, things like that, but we dont cause physical harm to anyone, like the youths you mentioned, someone would have to be pretty messed up to stab you 10 times, especially if they didnt know you, you were just targetted, that is wrong, and the little s*&ts should get a full sentence, not 1 yr in juvi

Not every kid who goes out at night is up to no good that is for sure. But unfortunately there are a lot who are....and these kids when they bump into the good kids usually make them victims too. Anyhow there has been some very good points on here both for and against strict punnishment......I suppose it is an issue without a soloution.

i dont think they need to bring back the cain i think the chares should be alot worse these days if someone breaks into your house if you hit them to defend yourself you can get sewed and go to jail and i just think its a big load of bull

Last edited by a moderator:
forget the cane, get a piece of 4 by 2 timber, little kids these days have a mouth and a half on them,

why not

For those that say the cane is child abuse, its that kind of soft approach that has cause society to brake down to its current state. Children dont fear or respect authority so they do what they want. civil libertarians need to be shot.

you see it all the time, 'i dont like living at home so i'll just move out' and the parent has no recourse.

i dont believe that children should be belted stupid, but a certain amount of physical punishment is ok. give power back to parents and teachers and toughen the courts up and we may be able to get things going the right way.

is it going to happen? of course not.

i dont believe that children should be belted stupid, but a certain amount of physical punishment is ok. give power back to parents and teachers and toughen the courts up and we may be able to get things going the right way.

Why the hell is it a teachers responsibility? It's my job to teach kids the curriculum, not discipline them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back