Very picky Bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
Well i got myself a very cute little blue tongue from the expo on the weekend, love her to bits! Have discovered however that she is rather picky and won't eat her greens (just like my own toddlers!). so is this a problem? she loves snails and chicken, and loves to chomp down fruit, but will that suffice?

Hey i dont know if there is any truth to this but someone once suggested in another tread for a beardie to try a little bit of red capsicum in with it. apparently it worked but not to sure if blueys would react the same? i guess the more experienced guys would be able to advise further.

ok what else are you feeding it? or i guess what does it like eating more importantly?

Well i got myself a very cute little blue tongue from the expo on the weekend, love her to bits! Have discovered however that she is rather picky and won't eat her greens (just like my own toddlers!). so is this a problem? she loves snails and chicken, and loves to chomp down fruit, but will that suffice?

based on my experience (and i have very little) thats ok and i know you sed she likes fruit but does that include banannas most blueys like them :)

I found that mine weren't fussed with things like apple, carrot etc, until I grated it rather than chopped it, then they eat it no worries.

i have found the best thing to do is to mix all its food up so cut some capsicum,carrot,apple,banana,beans,peas and so on and put into a bowl and mix it up and than just give it a little bit out of the bowl every time you want to feed her also if you mae a heap of it at onse store it in a air tight container

cheers

It seems to only want to he hand feed. At the moment she is eating snails, chicken, watermelon, bannanas and soft pears. Will try grating it and getting some blueberries. thanks guys

i got a few blueys as well and they go nuts on kangaroo mince, salmon, veg, fruit, insect, mix. just mix it all up.

Chuck it in a bowl with some meal worms they will think its alive and chow down. Thats what many people do for their beardies.

fave foods of my blueys are cooked veggies such as beans, broccoli and cauliflower, i just use the frozen stuff fro the super market and boil it up once or twice a week for em

mushrooms!! my blue tounges love chopped mushroom, you just gotta make sure its washed properly and cut fairly small, they cant get enough of it :D

oh yes! forgot she loved the mushroom the other night.

with the meat, i have read it should be cooked, is this really the case?

I do boil my chicken, I would chill on the snails and bananas they are more of an occasional food. To get my bluey to eat the greens I just rip them up very small and toss them amongst diced up tomato, green peas blueberries and apple for instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back