Generation disrespectful?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dossy

Reaction score
just the other side of a galaxy not to far from th
stuff this gen insert letter, i think the newest generation should be called generation disrespect. the other day i was in coles and i stoped at the end on an isle to let a mother and her little 4-6 year old walk out, as the kid walked out he told me to f'n move outa his way because he is walking there i then looked at him mum and his mum was like you herd him move :O

about 1 week ago i saw some more very young kids be extreamly rude to some adults at the park

today i saw again a young kid be very very rude to some eardly people, he told them to move outa his way because he wanted to climb all over the bench they were sitting on

over the last 6 months i have seen alot of these kind of things going on all around me

now i was brought up to respect my elders and if old people need a seat offer it to them, if someone does something for you you do not swear at them and tell them to move out of your way. i think that alot (not all but alot) of perents need to take a good look at them selves and relise their little johny is not the angle they think he is and they need to teach their kids right from wrong

now i do not want this thread to turn into a right way and wrong way to disapline kids and stuff because i know that will become a heated argument, but what i do want is to know your stories of these type of kids if you have seen any and your thoughts apon it

I think a lot of parents today are too busy trying be their kids mates rather than being the people that are supposed to guide them through life.

Too many parents are worried about their "little angel" causing a stir in a store because the parent won't buy them what they want. I work in retail and I openly praise parents that do not give in because I'm sick of seeing parents getting walked all over by a screaming 3 year old that just needs a good smack.

alot of parents are so busy with their own lives that they are unaware of their child's problems, or they think ahh he is a kid it's normal. This is such bull. Im generation y and i am very respectful to all irrespective of age but especially elders.
Also we must realise that some parents are lousy parents and let their kids go wild.
Either way it really does disturb me but we can;t do anything about it.. our government will only slap trouble makers on the wrist and the parents who have bad kids are usually just as bad as their kids.
pretty sad hey

ugh. I have a lovely story about all this!
Im only just 18 myself...so I figure I should stereotypically be one of these kids!
My family and I all live within the same block in my town,

and recently a new family moved in, and my gosh, their kid is a shocker!!!

My Nana for starters is a lovely lady, but this year has been unfortunate in being diagnosed with lung cancer. you can clearly tell she's ill; she's constantly got an oxygen mask on and is quite skinny etc (this is relevant later)
I always walk from her house to mine, at all hours of the day, always have since I was a puny little kid.
yet recently it's become a nightmare!
the same little kid on his scooter likes to hassle me, and anyone in the vicinity. and the words and actions he comes out with...I don't think I'd be able to walk if I said those as a kid (or now) since my Mum would belt me so hard!
walking back one day from her house he started on my sister...actually HUNG off her shoulder! and i had to tell him to get off, and since he wouldn't listen to reason, I had to PULL HIM OFF OF HER! he can't be any older than 8, and likes to get his friends involved too.
My Dad walked the dogs with my sister, and of course the kids follow them screaming obscenities
They rocked my Nana's roof, having clearly seen her before, simply because she said she didn't have any oranges for them (she normally gives everyone free oranges, but the tree simply didn't have any fruit on it!)
They hassle my younger cousin for no reason
somehow, even at their age, i caught them cutting down the saplings (baby tree's) in my Nana's front yard.

I actually ended up having to report them to the police...I've never felt the need to call the police before! because I couldn't stand the "discipline"...well...lack their of...from the parents.

I often saw this in highschool too...I don't mean kids my age were perfect, we certainly aren't, but the way the younger grades spoke to the teachers and about people in general was appalling.

also it seems a lot of parents find their childs behavior funny...or think that swearing at people is cute because they're a young child.
ohhhh the endless rants I could go on about this!!

I find 40-50 yr old cyclists the most disrespectful. especially the one who thought it was ok to punch my car last week, and then call the cops when i got out lol

also seems an ego thing...they don't want to admit to being wrong and having to take responsibility for it.

We have recently had all these new houses built and seriously these parents and their fat children on electric scooters that will not get of the road! the amount of times they have jumped in front of our car! we had enough and started beeping at them and telling them to get off the road because there are plenty of better places to ride them around but really they shouldn't be riding electric scooters seeing as they weight as much as me and they are only about 8.

yeah there is generally alot of anger, rage and disrespect out there in the world. BUT the good thing is that there is still alot of good and the good need to keep fighting otherwise the world will end up in more chaos

have you seen the documentary Dannyboi, with the kid who's about 6 and can't even sleep laying down because he'll suffocate from the pressure of his body weight? and yet the parents say it'd be cruel not to feed him whenever he asks O____O

I find 40-50 yr old cyclists the most disrespectful. especially the one who thought it was ok to punch my car last week, and then call the cops when i got out lol
Whoah seriously its pretty bad when the tour down under is on the wanna be cyclists are everywhere and they are weaving through traffic as if it were safe but of course it isn't.

have you seen the documentary Dannyboi, with the kid who's about 6 and can't even sleep laying down because he'll suffocate from the pressure of his body weight? and yet the parents say it'd be cruel not to feed him whenever he asks O____O
No I haven't but it doesn't surprise me. My mum would never let me have that chocolate when I asked in the shops even if I had a tantrum people with fat children that are proven to be at fault should be held accountable.

I'm respectful to everyone older and younger than me!
Just not people my age.

ugh. I have a lovely story about all this!
Im only just 18 myself...so I figure I should stereotypically be one of these kids!

This, I'm 17, but I've been working fulltime as a checkout operator, and some of the kids I get through could seriously do with some parenting.

I had a private school kid through with his mum once (not that his school should have any bearing on the situation - unfortunately it does). I'd heard him mention the name of my old school while he was in line, but didn't hear what he was saying, which is probably good :evil:.

When he got to my checkout, he was telling me how he's worked so hard at school, and they go from 830-330. Well I asked what grade he was in and he said grade 8, which is easy to begin with. Then he keeps going on and on about it. This was actually the first day I'd worked a 10.5hr shift, so having this kid go on and on abotu 7hrs was pretty annoying to begin with, but his mum is standing there saying "oh yes dear, but this man has to work longer than that" while her child is being a complete tool.

"Mummy's little angel" -_-

Hmm checkout operator VS full day at school? 1: your getting payed. 2: its pretty much repetitive. 3: for all you know his peers bully him 4: For him it would be hard. I don't think he was being disrespectful just oblivious.

hahaha familiar with that one!

I hate the spoilt people, this thread is gold. Yes it is more prevelant now, but it has always been around. Im not adverse to saying to someone what everyone else is thinking. It might bite them (and that is the intention), but at least i say it politely and with a smile....
failing that move to stage 0.2: administer the poison.

cyclists tend to use the same path repeatedly. Just wait for him at the same time of day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back