Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think a bredli would suit you, my brother has one and he doesnt bite, maybe once or twice in the years he has had him, gentle snake, they go for around the price your after and i dont think they get over 2 meters, my brothers is about 1.5 meters maybe 2 meters but he is 6 years old now so i think he is fully grown. Have fun

they look great too

Spotted (from personal experience very good), Woma or Stimsons.

All relatively placid as long as you don't piss them off too much ;)

That being said though, snakes, like us all have different personalities. Plus a quick bite hurts less than the average papercut.

i got another bredli the other day and he likes to bite. it depends on the individual snake. try asking a breeder if they have a docile nature snake, see if you can check out the stock and pick one that you feel is right for you.
then again the snake might turn on you once it settles to a new place. it really just depends on the snake, so go for one that you like.

bredli!!! or any morelia!
Perfect! I got a coastal carpet python at two years old and he is great with anyone handling him as long as he's already out of the enclosure. I puck him up from a side-opening enclosure with a cloth on my hand so that if he snaps, he doesn't get me. :D He can be a little bugger if he's hungry, but once again, only when he's in the enclosure. As far as I've ehard, The Centrilian or Bredli pythons are the best in nature but every snake is different, as is every dog, cat, horese or person!:rolleyes:

Don't worry too much about the snake until you have a great enclosure. You're looking at $400 minimum unless you're lucky.

Last edited:
Scrub Python ...They don't bite they just love you to death ..Go for a spotted if your looking for a smaller snake or a Port Macquarie as they are a good placid snake but do get a bit on the large side

Get a scrubbie. They stay nice and small, are VERY docile and love a pat and a cuddle. You may even train them to come to your voice, and they love being tickled under the chin. They don't really need and enclosure. Just let them sleep with you at night, they'll cuddle up with you and keep you company.

Please dont take that seriosuly - it was a joke. ;)

Get a woma or maybe Jungle. Jungles can be bitey but placid ones aren't too rare. Womas have a strong feeding response but are generally quite docile.

diamonds are not a good snake for beginner .. they require a little more work then the majority of snakes

because they need the UV, can get that disease (cant remember what its called), lower temp gradients etc .. have been told they are a harder snake to keep then say a bredli

If you live in a warmer state such as Qld then Diamonds *can* be a bit more difficult to have their temps controlled right. They require cooler temps and preferably some UV which in theory helps prevent DPS (Diamond Python Syndrome). Don't let this scare you off though because there are plenty of keepers that have healthy Diamonds in Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back