Albino Olives Prices...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hansel1313

As the title suggests, just wondering if anyone knows the current price for albino olives? I was looking to buy a pair of 100% hets, It seems that there are not many available, I am guessing that this is due to enclosure sizes and the higher cost in feeding them? I have kept and bred "normal" olives before and although costs were a lot higher than carpets etc it was worthwhile and very enjoyable I thought. Anyone else breeding olives? Normal or albino? Add pics if you wish!

Thanks guys,any prices on albinos? Hey K man when you refer to SR are you talking about SXR?

SR = Snake Ranch :)

November last year I was quoted these prices on Hets & albinos (not from Snake Ranch)

9 month old het olives for $4500 and a pair of 21 month old hets for $5500
Male Albino hatches will be $8000 and hatchy pairs of albinos $14000 with delivery at 200grams weight feeding on rats.

Hope that helps.

Although we opted for a pair of Hets elsewhere, & couldnt be any happier with them!
They are growing like demons!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course...LOL I didnt even think of snake ranch!! where did you end up buying from Gecko?

We done a swap with Ben Moses,. he originally purchased them from SnakeRanch.

They are around, there's some on Herp Trader $2200 a pair, which about right.
Its not too much about enclosure sizes and feeding, moreso that breding pairs will cost you a bomb and out of the range of 95% of herpers, plus they are harder to breed than carpets and also breed at an older age.
Lets hope that when hets are readily available that the people that get them dont sell the albinos for ridiculously low prices to make a quick buck on the back of a stunning animal that deserves to be kept at the top of the chain JMO.

Snake ranch had a limited number available for abot 6 thousand a pair there are not to many about but given an olive adult size an albino olive would look amazing

Hets are going for $1000 each,which is a great price.The thing with Olives they are a larger snake,need bigger enclosures and eat bigger food items.They dont seem to breed as easily as carpets-Anteresias.But given the correct husbandry they can bred at 3years.Depending on age-Albinos are anywhere from $6000 up.I love the big snakes,especially the Albinos.

Couldnt agree more with you southside, Albino darwins and GTPs are heading that way at a rate of knots! I was offered a feeding hatchie gtp as a swap for a non feeding albino....You have to wonder what was going on with that..

Couldnt agree more with you southside, Albino darwins and GTPs are heading that way at a rate of knots! I was offered a feeding hatchie gtp as a swap for a non feeding albino....You have to wonder what was going on with that..

IMO Albino Olives WILL stay high up on the list,harder to breed,not many have them,require larger enclosures etc.Its ashame that albino darwins etc are being bred by the thousands,hence why there dropping in price.I can only imagine what there going to sell for in a year or two..I cant see anything wrong with wanting to swap a hatchie Chondro for a non-feeder albino darwin.The thing with albino olives is they seem to be more pure white,compared to darwins that have yellow.They truely are a magnificent python and when-if i have the room they will defiantly be in my collection..

i reckon thell stay up there for another 10 years, like the gtps did, olives havent really ever lost their value, normals have always been around the 350-400 mark, and well deserved, what a magnificent snake. A breeder of albino darwins told me next year he reckons theyll be as cheap as 600 each!!! its mad that they are more readily available but in a few more years, the normals will be pretty few and far between, every darwin you see these days is some percentage het and if not, I bet its offspring will be.

IMGP1869.jpgadult male.jpgThere are about 100 Albino Olives in the world now and quite a few thousand Albino Carpets which shows just how hard they are to breed given that the foundation animals were found in the wild about the same time.

I am almost certain you will be able to publicly get them for $600 next year. you can get them for $800 now.

You can get them for $600 each now if you know the right people

Darwins not olives :)

Very nice Warwick.Gee i wouldnt even think they would be that price.No matter if they were $100 or $1000 they are still a nice snake...So many people have them,and even so many breeding them.Considering they can breed at 2.5years old and have good size clutches.But regarding the Olives,ALOT harder to breed,unless giving the correct enviroment,and the right partner.They are a truely magnificent giant and i would love a nice big Albino Olive in my collection.You say 100 in the world Warwick,so how many in Aus...Have you succesfully bred a albino Olive 2 seasons in a row.I doubt they wouldnt have much issue getting there weight-size back,considering the size of meals they generally have..Whats the average size of clutches of Olives..

View attachment 188319View attachment 188320There are about 100 Albino Olives in the world now and quite a few thousand Albino Carpets which shows just how hard they are to breed given that the foundation animals were found in the wild about the same time.
Exactly warwick...
I cant wait for my boy to be that big...I always dreamt of having an Albino olive and now the dream has come true.....my new dream is to have him as big as I originally dreamt like that guy...lol
I have always envisaged a BIG Albino olive in a beautiful enclosure.....ive built the enclosure now he needs to be big...6ft is too small. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back