Albino Olives Prices...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there would be more than 100 albino olive pythons. i know of at least 10 off the top of my head

when dealing with high end pythons, enclosure size and feeding cost isn't really a concern, it's the breeding age of the olives that is keeping the price high and they aren't as easy as ants and carpets to breed. plenty of hets being bred, give them time

Het for albino olives are being advertised for about 1/3 the price they were last season and although I haven't seen many advertised I suspect albinos will have dropped by a similar amount.

All I can say to albino olives is try and make a list of 10 people that have breed them.

They are fantastic reptiles too have in ur collection (normal or albino) and a challenge too breed......i hope they also keep their price, as they are such a wonderful addition too any collection..... for a huge white pet or an addition to a breeding project and all in all they 'most' are gentle giants.

All I can say to albino olives is try and make a list of 10 people that have breed them.

That doesn't seem to have much bearing on the price of hets which like everything else has dropped dramatically.

That doesn't seem to have much bearing on the price of hets which like everything else has dropped dramatically.

This is most likely due to their diffcult nature to breed and I would imagine, like myself, most would rather just buy albinos instead of waiting 5+years for them to breed and then hope that you are successful. At least with white snakes you can appreciate them from the day you get them. Not that there is anything wrong with normal olives.

This is most likely due to their diffcult nature to breed and I would imagine, like myself, most would rather just buy albinos instead of waiting 5+years for them to breed and then hope that you are successful. At least with white snakes you can appreciate them from the day you get them. Not that there is anything wrong with normal olives.

Agreed & if you breed hets you end up with a load of worthless Possibles & then if you lose a couple of eggs & they'd be sure to be the white fellas.

They are my number one snake and i dream of the day when i can house one. I truely hope theyre price stays as is. It plays a factor in making them so desirable and plus in our hobby we need those special snakes that arent everywhere and that stay at the top of the list for people to aim for. The hobby would be boring if everything was available to everyone, nothing will be left desirable.

Keep in mind the worthless possibles still get sold as hets. I would hate to be the many people to buy hets, wait 4-5 years finally breed them only to realize they are just normal olives..

Dan

Keep in mind the worthless possibles still get sold as hets ....

I bought a possible het much much cheaper than a 100% het with an on going commitment to the breeder that if it produces albinos he could have a reduced price on the hatchlings and we should find out this coming season. My point is that it's not necessary to pay full price for possible hets.

Albino Olive is in my bucket list but upon seeing a picture of the Granite Olive they were an instant addition.
*sigh*
Don't get me started on the types of Monitors I've added to the list since I foolishly wandered into the lizard forum.

View attachment 188319View attachment 188320There are about 100 Albino Olives in the world now and quite a few thousand Albino Carpets which shows just how hard they are to breed given that the foundation animals were found in the wild about the same time.

They are smashing Wokka, I have bred "normal" olives before, It took me 3 years to get it right after buying them at 4yr olds, The food bill for the pair was astronomical (compared to carpets and ants) which i understand might turn people away from olives, I really hope the market stays up as they are a top of the line animal in my opinion,

IMO Albino Olives WILL stay high up on the list,harder to breed,not many have them,require larger enclosures etc.Its ashame that albino darwins etc are being bred by the thousands,hence why there dropping in price.I can only imagine what there going to sell for in a year or two..I cant see anything wrong with wanting to swap a hatchie Chondro for a non-feeder albino darwin.The thing with albino olives is they seem to be more pure white,compared to darwins that have yellow.They truely are a magnificent python and when-if i have the room they will defiantly be in my collection..

Pythons73- Albino olives wont stay high for long i dont think i remember the day days when Green Pythons were getting large amounts for hatchlings and yearlings, then womas pairs were expensive and BHpythons i think there is a 5 year cycle prices start high and if your cashed up you can buy now but at the end of that cycle 5 year mark prices fall to unbeleivable prices, last years wild expo there wasa flood of greens so many i went and played ( breeders ) off each other to bring the price down i have never seen that before.

so in time prices will fall but more like 5 years or less we destroy our own markets !!!

Pythons73- Albino olives wont stay high for long i dont think i remember the day days when Green Pythons were getting large amounts for hatchlings and yearlings, then womas pairs were expensive and BHpythons i think there is a 5 year cycle prices start high and if your cashed up you can buy now but at the end of that cycle 5 year mark prices fall to unbeleivable prices, last years wild expo there wasa flood of greens so many i went and played ( breeders ) off each other to bring the price down i have never seen that before. so in time prices will fall but more like 5 years or less we destroy our own markets !!!
I was selling GTP's at this expo and sold out very quickly, do not recall there being a flood of greens at this show we took 20 hatchling and 5 yearling all sold very quickly and there was no dropping the pricing to compete with Anyone there, come to think of it there was only one other person selling GTPs at this show and I am sure they would not have drop there price either at the last years wild expo.

Back on track, as for the Albino olive pricing I reckon it will stay firm so a while, we will have few for sale shortly and list as soon as feeding correctly.

Best regards Tim, URS

Hey Tim,

Any idea what prices you will be asking for the albinos? Do you find them hard to breed?

Hey Tim,

Any idea what prices you will be asking for the albinos? Do you find them hard to breed?

As soon as I have worked out the price I will list it with them on our site. Can not do this until feeding correctly on thawed mice or rats. We have a few Het hatchlings and yearling left that are feeding very well if you are interested in them.

Hansel we did not breed these we purchased them in from another breeder. As for breeding Olives in general we have bred quite a few over the years now and find them a bit hard than other species the biggest problem with them as in other pythons people feed them to much and they are obese and wont breed.

Regards tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back