Albino Olives Prices...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albino olives are an awesome snake to keep. I bred an albino male olive over an unrelated female and produced 32 100% het albinos over a few seasons. I did not own the Albinos and they were sold before I had a chance to breed Albino x Albino.

Like Wokka said, there are bugger all breeders of white olives out there and anyone that thinks there is, are kidding themselves. Tim from URS price of $2000 a pair is unreal IMO for the chance to get a clutch of albinos in 3-4 years time.

The only bad thing about breeding all of these hets is that I did not keep any for myself. I would love to get White olives back again and would give my left nut for one.

They are a few for sale in Adelaide...
The boys at Reptile city have a Het on display and forsale and its a lil cracker :D

I was going to comment on REPTILIAN-KMAN's post about how he "played" the breeders. I changed my mind but now, after my second cup of coffee, I feel stronger.
IMO, playing one breeder against another at the expo (or elsewhere) is the lowest form of dealing, especially with reputable breeders. I would hang my head down in shame had I ever done such thing, running from one person to another in order to knock their prices down. I certainly would boast about it on forum.

Tim, have you been played? LOL

couple of snaps...... they are in the 'Big Snakes' thread but this thread is lacking photos !!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 83
One thing that I forgot to add in my post was that 100% het albino Olives have not dropped that much in value over time. They actually are still holding their value. I sold the offspring over a few seasons from between $5000 each down to $2500 each two seasons ago. If they are around the $1000 each, I can't see that falling much from there. Greens are still between $900 - $2200 each for hatchos this season and as Tim pointed out, his sold rather well at a grand each so Reptile Kman running around bartering will not get him very far with most Chondro breeders.

first Micheal - water rats - i only pay market price since some breeders charge 90% of the time what they want year round with out neogations on price why as a buyer its my rite at a show to get the best price so the wording ( sorry - play the breeders ) off each other price wise - if you sell your ( not implying this on you water rat ) Greens at above what i want pay and your competior sells a green python for the same or higher but wants to ono on price and get just as good as quality then its your fault the breeder for not being competive !!

would you go to a car dealership and pay more for a car at one than the dealership next door - my answer is NO !!! why pay more than you should for the same thing.

PM sent - URS !!!

last years wild expo had several stands selling greens i think around 5 - 6 stands so anybody could ono on price if they were willing !

if i dont like your price then i wont buy simple - water rat i think you are competive but let me point this out if your at a show and selling above what your competitors are charging i know whose going home with stock ( with this same standard of pythons )

Last edited:
would you go to a car dealership and pay more for a car at one than the dealership next door - my answer is NO !!! why pay more than you should for the same thing.

Mate, how can you compare buying cars to buying reptiles? Cars are sold by a salesman (which I have little respect for); the cars don't belong to him and the money he collects goe to someone else too. He is a dealer on commission.
Reptile breeders bring to the Expos the product of their labor and love, their pride & joy. They're not told by someone else how much to sell for, they're not trying to screw you like car dealers do, they're decent, real people.

You see the difference now?

From time to time people ring me saying "I can buy greens $500.- cheaper from such and such". Whether it's true or not, I tell them to go and by from such and such. Try me, you will here the same thing. I like your sentence if i dont like your price then i wont buy simple - very good! But don't rattle on about it.

I doubt it will get Reptile Kman far with anyone let alone Chondro breeders.I cant see the albinos or het Olives dropping as fast as others have,for a number of reasons ive already explained.At $1000 each for Hets is a great price.I wish i had the room for a pair,or maybe just get rid of some others i have.As Tim has mentioned,Olives seem to do alot better being on the lean side,not obese-overweight,which i think thats why some people are having trouble breeding Olives.That pair Jinajoe are STUNNING,the larger one looks as thou its got stripes,how old-size are they.Are you expecting to try and breed them this coming season,if so Best of luck.The larger one eating looks as thou its got some strpes-bands,or is the photo deceiving..I love Big snakes and these are TRUELY a magnificent python.

With all due respect Michael isn't URS acting as a dealer ?? & Olives are what this thread is about not GTPs

Thanks Pythons 73....... hopefully this year...... the stripes are where the animal coils & creases its scales.... they go away when it sheds...... more detail on them is in the 'Big Pythons' thread

I doubt it will get Reptile Kman far with anyone let alone Chondro breeders.I cant see the albinos or het Olives dropping as fast as others have,for a number of reasons ive already explained.At $1000 each for Hets is a great price.I wish i had the room for a pair,or maybe just get rid of some others i have.As Tim has mentioned,Olives seem to do alot better being on the lean side,not obese-overweight,which i think thats why some people are having trouble breeding Olives.That pair Jinajoe are STUNNING,the larger one looks as thou its got stripes,how old-size are they.Are you expecting to try and breed them this coming season,if so Best of luck.The larger one eating looks as thou its got some strpes-bands,or is the photo deceiving..I love Big snakes and these are TRUELY a magnificent python.

Last edited:
There is no problem with someone asking for a cheaper price or hunting for a cheaper animal if that is the way they are inclined and likewise with someone selling an animal. It is up to the seller to advertise a price that suits them, if they want to try and sell greens for $5k a piece, then good luck to them as the same goes to the guy who wants to pay $300. The reality is that regardelss of time and effort put into an animal, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I normally make my reptiles a little cheaper at shows anyway but once my price is set I generally don't change unless there are multiple animals involved in a sale or it is something I need to move on quickly. And as for purchasing, I will go for quality over price any day, you make your money back when you breed from quality.

Python73- as per Chrondo breeders go i have 1 breeding pair and a 2 year old pair so in time ( next year the adults will breed ) i dont care what chrondo breeders do or say ! Never have ? call this arrogant but each to thier own like i wont preach on you or anyone else !!!

Water rat - ok greens are not cars i admit this but the market decides the price not an individual !!!
if you sell higher than the market then you out priced yourself !!
micheal- when you set the price for your greens you set at market price not above it ( remember i asked you about your prices of yearlings from your study program ) when i wanted to expand further my green collection !! i put this on hold to go albino, and concentrated on albinos.

yes jinjajoe i did bring greens into it this was brought into it by comparison in prices !

There is no problem with someone asking for a cheaper price or hunting for a cheaper animal if that is the way they are inclined and likewise with someone selling an animal. It is up to the seller to advertise a price that suits them, if they want to try and sell greens for $5k a piece, then good luck to them as the same goes to the guy who wants to pay $300. The reality is that regardelss of time and effort put into an animal, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I normally make my reptiles a little cheaper at shows anyway but once my price is set I generally don't change unless there are multiple animals involved in a sale or it is something I need to move on quickly. And as for purchasing, I will go for quality over price any day, you make your money back when you breed from quality.

i agree fully with this !!!! the market sets the price !!!
if on tha day i get a cheaper price than the day then its my gain !!
quality over price anyday but unless theres a stand out ?

REPTILIAN-KMAN;second - Tim - URS - both at castle hill and homebush you tired to sell me your greens. while with you i was only looking as years earlier i had sent you a request for pricing Green tree Pythons ( this reffered to calling it a green tree python not green python ) and received back a 3 line email back stating no such thing signed with your name ! not trying to be mean but this is the case last years wild expo had several stands selling greens i think around 5 - 6 stands so anybody could ono on price if they were willing !)[/QUOTE said:
You are correct I was at both of these expo trying to sell not just to you but everyone that came and look and showed interested in our GTP’s that’s the reason we came all the way for Adelaide to this expo to sell them.

As for the email that you mention you received as a reply to an email you send us can you please forward me this email straight away so I can follow this up. I do look forward to seeing this very soon in my in box and I assure you it would not have been type by me and I need to follow this up straight away seeing you have posted this in an open forum, my direct email is [email protected]
Or it might be easier if you give me you name and email address so I can look it up my self?

Last years expo I can only recall two of us selling GTP’s my self and Daniel, who else was selling them at this show?

Regards Tim

reptilian-kman, I don't want to argue, particularly some trivial issue but you have contradicted yourself in the above post. You're saying that "market dictates the price not an individual" after you have said " i dont care what chrondo breeders do or say ! Never have ? call this arrogant but each to thier own like i wont preach on you or anyone else !!!" meaning - you will set your own price?
Maybe I didn't understand properly, sorry if that's the case.

These are just the greatest animals and i just paid the money for them as it just didnt matter........so heres my pair

Attachments

• P1010415.JPG
    P1010415.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010416.JPG
    P1010416.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 110
They are just gorgeous, Gozz!
How old are they?

Python73- as per Chrondo breeders go i have 1 breeding pair and a 2 year old pair so in time ( next year the adults will breed ) i dont care what chrondo breeders do or say ! Never have ? call this arrogant but each to thier own like i wont preach on you or anyone else !!!
Fair call,i didnt mean any disrespect from what i said.You have a right to express your opionion like all of us.Gee Gozz they are STUNNING,IMO there worth every cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back