Tri-striped Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileaddiction

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else is working on a tri-striped Darwin project. I have a number of animals that I'm hoping to breed to produce some tri-striped Darwins. Some of the animals have full dorsal stripe and broken side striping, others have good, thick side striping but broken dorsal striping. I'm hoping that pairing of the two combos will create tri-striping. I also have one that has both fairly good side striping and dorsal striping but suffers 'super model syndrome' (looks beautiful, but doesn't eat much!). These animals will hopefully be ready for breeding next season. Some of the animals that I'm using are also possible het for albino so there is also a possibility that some might turn out tri-striped albino. I'm not particularly going for the tri-striped albinos because I think tri-striped normals will look better (but that's just my personal preference).

I'd love to hear if anyone else is working on a similar project.

Here's a couple of pics to show what I'm talking about. These aren't my best specimens but it gives you the idea.

Attachments

• P4280340.jpg
    P4280340.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 397
  • Side stripe.jpg
    Side stripe.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 331
good luck with it mate i can see what ur trying to acheive are they breeding this year

I think you are onto something there. I think you will get some pretty damn good stripeys from that pairing....

wonder what would happen if someone started a project breeding striped darwin with albino darwins ... mmmm

Are any of the animals you are working with related reptileaddiction?

Theres some really nice looking Darwins around and those couple you posted the other Day Corey are amazing.IMO they are a very underated python,either way if they were a $50 python i would still own some.I had a very large male a few years back that was Satan at feed time however one of the most placid.A nice stripey looking one with alot of orange would look stunning,fingers crossed Corey and all the best...

Some of them are from the same clutch. Others are from completely differnt lines.

Thanks mate. I hope so too!

well if your after strong stripes you would want to line breed them, i wouldn't bother with different lines at this point because you would just get a larger gene pool of non concentrated striped blood.

Good luck. looks like they should produce some crackers! keep us all updated with your progress.

As pythons73 said they are a very underrated python.

There is defiantly some potential with Darwins.

View attachment 188661View attachment 188655View attachment 188654View attachment 188650
Here are a few different albino darwins (pure variegata).....have others and some het albino's also.....Don't have decent pic's of all of the (found these easily though), some are the result of line breeding (sibling to sibling) to stabilise the stripe.......others were produced from unrelated animals which only exhibited partial striping or reduced patterns.......We have a few different projects we are working with amongst the albino darwins......i'll search for some more pictures....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back