woma x ball python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already know that there are people here in Aus. who have ball pythons and now it's just a matter of time before some half baked twit thinks this is a fabulous idea and goes and tries it.

Awesome, then they can sell me one ;P

Bringing ball python is to aus is such an irresponsible act there is a reason they cant come in legally ( except a few cases). Because of people that have brought in animal with such little research we end up with populations such as can toads (yes they came to get the cane beetle i know) and other pest sp. that we cant control. who know corn snakes and ball python may take over many of Australia's ecosystems and screw up the whole system... just look at tasmaina its only been in the last 10 years that fox's have made it there, and now they are there for good eating our native mice and other sp.

Sorry to single you out mate, I know its a common opinion. But man, half the things we are trading aren't natural. They are line bred. Yes they might be the same species, but some are far from the natural snakes you'd find in the wild. Not saying "unnatural" is bad, personally I think it is awesome. I like morphs and I like some crosses. The only reason hybrids are shunned are because our system cannot control breeding and sale to prevent misrepresentation. I mean, if it was applied to humans (a stretch I know) To disagree with crossing a jungle with a diamond is like saying you're against interracial relationships in people... Same species, different locality. Most likely all shared a common ancestor anyway...
sorry dont under stand what your saying mate i think humans is a bit different to humans.... lol i dont keep them as pets... i keep snakes in nice bigs natural looking tank thats how i like it to see a snake in it native environment. and if you had read all my comments on this thread i then said i like a snake that looks like one i could find in the wild if i was looking... and i couldn't find a womball thing anywhere... and these snakes cant naturally breed if we didnt put them together
Cheers luke.

i keep snakes in nice bigs natural looking tank thats how i like it to see a snake in it native environment. and if you had read all my comments on this thread i then said i like a snake that looks like one i could find in the wild if i was looking... and i couldn't find a womball thing anywhere... and these snakes cant naturally breed if we didnt put them together
Cheers luke.

Keeping snakes in tanks is not natural, and just because you try your best to make it look natural, doesn't make it natural!

and a snake is a snake no matter wether you can find it in the wild or not!

but i understand each to there own, i'm not fussed about either.... i'm in this hobby because i love snakes in general!

Last edited:
why can the americans and all that have our snakes but we cant have theres?

Keeping snakes in tanks is not natural, and just because you try your best to make it look natural, doesn't make it natural!

and a snake is a snake no matter wether you can find it in the wild or not!

but i understand each to there own, i'm not fussed about either.... i'm in this hobby because i love snakes in general!

Obviously it is not a natural system or i would be feeding live etc ... but its a **** load more natural then some plain tank or a tub.
and yer its still a snake but something i and i believe many other are not interested in as its not a naturally occurring sp. but something made by man, but like you said you keep snakes because you like "any snakes" each to there own.

i've sent BHB an email, better to hear straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. as my money is on a paintjob colour mutation not a cross to an aussie woma. once i get a reply i'll let you know

Quote from the page where this photo was taken from. I`m guessing it really is a cross then

ERD had quite a few new and interesting things on display as always. My new favorite from them this year is the Pastel Lesser Platnum Woma Ball Python! The Wall (Woma Python x Ball Python) was pretty neat too!

whats wrong with cross breeds???
my dog is a Japanese Chin X Maltese...and he's one of the best dogs I have ever had.
Most humans are cross bred.
I love the look of Ball Pythons, and I love the different paint jobs that are produced. I have no idea why some members here are against allowing them in the country, how it effects them is beyond me, and to compare them to the canetoad problem is ridiculous.
Not really a cross breed. A cross breed is like with dogs but they are all the same species these are hybrids. A cross of two different species. Most of the time it takes a lot of coaxing to get a snake to hybridize and it takes a lot of time to get the setup right to keep them temps, humidity ect. The resulting young are generally infertile which means that they cannot breed and there is no actual point in keeping it as anything but a pet (Not that there is anything wrong with that) on top of this it means that finding the real deal non hybrid snakes will become difficult if hybridization becomes popular. And what do you put it on your permit as?

Here's the reply from Brian at BHB

Hey,
A woma ball is a mutation of a 100% pure ball python, but there is something called a "Wall" that is a woma python crossed to a ball python. I do not work with many hybrids, so all of mine are pure ball pythons :)
Hope this helps! Talk soon, Brian

So as i originally thought the woma ball is a pure ball with a colour mutation, not a hybrid. Though it is a shame some are trying it and tainting two great pythons in the attempt :(

Thanks for finding out Yommy, thought so too.

A Wall python? Why didn't they call it a Boma? ;)

Pure Ball Python or Woma x Ball...... i love it!

I wonder how many of the 'purists' would have said they like it from the start if they knew it was a pure ball, but said they didnt like it as it was thought it was a hybrid? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back