Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XKiller

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heres a few pictures of afew reptiles i saw from this weekend herping between Glenmorgan-St George and Dalby sertin spots in each aeras. Leaveing thursday afternoon heading stright to Glenmorgan to stay the night target species for the weekend brigalow Woma..to rub in Dans face lol, De vis Banded snake and pale-headed snake

I was treated with a road covered in mice and frogs, heres afew i botherd to stop for.
if someone wants to ID them for me that would be good.
Opisthodon ornatus
frog169.jpg

Cyclorana alboguttata
frog002.jpg

Cyclorana novaehollandiae
frogs046.jpg

Limnodynastes salmini
salmonstripedfrog307.jpg

Driveing around Glenmorgan finding nothing excting i was going to go to sleep, and than i came accross a Grey Snake, i didnet bother takeing more than one photo on the road as i seen 3 Greys weeks earleyer.
greysnake036.jpg

And one DOR

greysnake691.jpg
Afew

pics of one i found afew weeks ago.
Hemiaspis damelii
greysnake098.jpg

greysnake102.jpg

heres afew geckos i pulled over for aswell that night.
Diplodactylus vittatus
gecko503.jpg

Diplodactylus vittatus
gecko514.jpg

Diplodactylus steindachneri
gecko015.jpg

Strophurus taenicauda
172.jpg

Wakeing up at 7am. i took advantage and drove to St George and came accross afew snakes and afew Shinglebacks also
Trachydosurus rugosus
shingleback238.jpg

Also came accross this Brigalow Woma, unfortuntley the roadtrain in frount of me got to it first, it was still alive them i pulled up next to it i ameditley put it down, i pulled it to the side of the road. Anyway heres a pic of it was very large snake.
DORwoma186.jpg

Got to St George ate a pie and got a much needed apple juice and headed back to Glenmorgan, and walked the botantical gargen and found 2 lace monitors and one sand monitor

goulds432.jpg

lacey280.jpg

I also came accross meny of these skinks hanging around can someone ID it?
skink299.jpg

Getting on night time and i was hedding to Dalby for the first hour, it wasnt very exciting than i saw what looked like a woma on the side of the road... but i wasnt 100% i decided to turn around and it was a WOMA! i was stoked.. it had recentley had a very bad shed when i found it and wasnt in the best of condition.
Aspidites ramsayi
woma347.jpg

continued on after awhile of photographing the woma, to come accross a Yellow faced Whip snake.
Demansia psammophis
yellowfacedwhipsnake362.jpg

yellowfacedwhipsnake389.jpg

Got to Dalby woke up at Lake Broadwater, i was going to head home... but i fliped a coin and it said i had to head back to Glenmorgan i was very eager to fina a De Vis Banded snake. as i have never seen a wild one.

Night time came quickley and rained for around 45mins i headed out ameditley after the rain found 4 DOR spotted blacks within 3k's all would have only been run over mins before i got to them..
after haveing not much luck for quite sometime i tryed a road a friend told me to check out... out of Glenmorgan.
drove for around 10mins and came accross a jet black spotted black.. who defentley didnet want me takeing photos of it but i had always wanted to find a wild jet black spotted black.
Pseudechis guttatus
spottedblack594.jpg

Afer that i dident see anything for hours so i decied to go for a bushwalk dident see much and defentley not my target De Vis banded.. than i came accross this little hatchling, unfortunitly it was shedding made for horribble pics.
Denisonia devisi
devisbanded634.jpg

Wasnt much bigger than my Cricket ligther

devisbanded619.jpg
About

100 meters away from it layed a much larger one.

devisbanded642.jpg

Haveing found every species i wanted to in that aera i stared to head home, left at 11pm and my house is 5 1/2 hours away. Driveing the road for only min's and came accross another De Vis
devisbanded684.jpg

By the time i got to Tara-Dalby i had seen 5 De Vis Banded snakes and meny Spotted blacks i asumed that was it for the night.. got to toowoomba and fog filled the roads driveing about 40ks on the highway came accross a coastal carpet. and i will also add it was 19c when i got to toowoomba
coastalcarpet001.jpg

Ended up getting back to my house at 6am and had much overdue sleep and thats abit of what i found on the weekend when i go throught all the pictures i'll add more.
Anyway that was my7 weekend.

Shane

Last edited:
That jet black guttatus is magnificent, beautiful animal and great photos!

Thank you, i have allways wanted to find a wild Jet black Spotted black, untill now they were black with grey.silver flecks..witch are still nice happy about that one.
That jet black guttatus is magnificent, beautiful animal and great photos!

Last edited:
Yeah that may be true, but ive found 4 alive Grey's.. to one woma lol,

I found quite afew hatchling snakes Whyle bushwalking in sertin aeras, spotted backs being the mijority of them, rely cranky little snakes that dont sit still, heres afew i took pictures of, found 7 hatchling Spotted black's more pics when i go through them.
Pseudechis guttatus
Hatchlingspottedblackshedding310.jpg

spottedblack467.jpg

Shane

Cupple more photos for the morning, Cheers for the reply's.

Denisonia devisi, head shot
devisheadshot641.jpg

Pygopus schraderi
scalyfoot092.jpg

Furina diadema, i dident rely bother with this snake.. seen quite afew before.
rednaped281.jpg

A very common sight. Pseudechis guttatus DOR
464.jpg

I have been trying to find an Echidna for quite some time the last 2 time's i visited glenmorgan i have seen them heres the one i found on the weekend. there actuctley quite ****ty i no longer like them.
echidna485.jpg

More pics to come soon.

Shane

I ID'ed the frog's but i have no idea about the skink's can anyone shed somelight on what it is, ?

Cheers
Shane

Probably Ctenotus robustis (eastern striped skink).

Echindas taste like pork, so they aren't all bad!

dont worry matt...

Waruikazi, i have not tryed eating a echinda and i dont think i will try it in the near future.
Ctenotus robustis looks like it.

those Grey Snakes are really good finds (much better than the Womas)

Cheers,
Scott

Acupple more pics of the Jet black spotted black.
Pseudechis guttatus
spottedblack554.jpg

spottedblack607.jpg

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back