Iphone 4 Vs Samsung Galaxy S ( could be 2)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REPTILIAN-KMAN

Reaction score
have you used both the Iphone 4 Vs Galaxy S ( could be 2)

i have a nokia N95 and time to updrade !!

what do you think !!!

its looking like iphone but i do like andriod OS

all the techs post comments

I have played with both and I own an iPhone 4 (and a 3GS before that). I still find there are no phones that run as smoothly as iPhone. The Windows phone is pretty close but to me still isn't quite there. The biggest thing I notice is the slight delay between a movement of your finger and the response of the screen. For example get both phones and slide your finger back and forth to move the pages around on the home screen. You will notice the iPhone reacts instantly whereas I've not seen another phone that does. This is most likely because Android phones do real multi-tasking whereas iPhone's idea of multi-tasking is laughable. So some of their memory/processor power is being used for that purpose.
Also do you plan on creating your own apps? If so then it's not even a contest. The Apple App Store is still ahead of the Android one (but it is probably getting close these days) but realistically it's not possible the regular Joe to write apps for iPhones.
Anyway that's just my two cents. I hope there is something valuable in all the crap :p

I'd rather an Android based phone over an iPhone any day of the week.

They are not the easiest to figure out but if you know how to use an Android phone you will notice they have a lot more to offer and are extremely customizable.

iPhones on the other hand are very easy to use which is why it is usually chosen over most of the other smart phones (well that and the Apple cult). As for the apps, Androids offer pretty much just as many as iPhones, however Apple is just a lot more advertised which is why when ever you see a commercial that has a phone app they usually only ever mention iPhone.

My last phone was also an N95 & I now have a Galaxy S & think it's great.

It has the "Swype" keyboard where you can just drag your finger from letter to letter & I now reckon everything should be in Swype. I wish my PC keyboard was Swype! I used to loathe predictive text, but the pred text on the Galaxy is great.

I know quite a few people that own iPhones & it's surprising how many of them have had problems in one way or another. Not all of them, but quite a few. I haven't used an iPhone myself (nor will I) so can't comment, but am happy to talk up the Samsung.

Adding apps is easy & there are PLENTY in the app store (both the Samsung apps & your carrier)
The camera has some unreal features like panorama & a top thing called "Add Me". Pics are clear (there's no flash, but even low light I haven't needed it) & video streams smoothly & very clear (leaves the N95 video far behind).

The PC software, Kies, is easy to load & use, & the data transfer for things like contacts, music, pics etc is easy.

The internet is fast & games run smoothly. I haven't used the maps/GPS yet, personally, but a mate also with a Galaxy S uses it heaps & loves it.

When I was upgrading it wasn't iPhone v Galaxy S, it was Galaxy S v HTC Desire (both Android platforms)

Only annoying thing (& this is my carrier, not the handset) is I can't delete some of the Telstra widgets/apps they load onto the handset.

Last edited:
thanks saximus that what i need to hear mate !!!

i wont be writting apps so that wont be an issue but a cousin does ( he owns and deveopled -barista - cellar - ) !
http://www.glasshouseapps.com/

while i love technology i have never been an apple person but everyones got them and i need to upgrade but only to the right phone !
my N95 atm is great but at the end of the day is now a brick !
i am on a $150.00 plan which gets free calls up to $1200-1500 a month which i use i am always on the phone and seems attached tp my ear !!! called testra on this 150 plan phone is free and calls are unlimited fair go policy applies !
finger scrolling makes abig differenace since i will have phone for quite a while 3years i hope

Last edited:
I have the samsung galaxy s and can't say a bad thing about it. Easy to get apps, free gps for navigation, cool games. I have not used an iphone though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

everyone i've spoken to who has an iphone has had a problem with it..
get the galaxy!

for me, the battery life isn't good enough on the smart phones these days, if you want to use it to its full potential with movies and a fair amount of use etc most are terrible, the games are arn't that good, even tho people buy the apple games and apps, imo there kidding them selfs, iv gone from an iphone to a htc desire hd and iv had enough of this touch screen business. at one point or another its incovinent or glitchy, im useing a black berry now, it does everything i need it to for work and is good for fb and email and great battery life. im going to wait a while until i get another touch screen smart phone, a few more generations of phones they should be up to par

but at the end of the day, it's up to you what you get mate

I'd go the Galaxy. For one...you're not stuck with Itunes, secondly, you get bluetooth with the android phones (can come in handy occasionally), and lastly, being able to remove the battery is a huge deal. Also means that you can carry a spare. The iphones battery is sealed in, and considering these things need to be charged on a daily basis (if you use it heaps), then how long can you expect a battery to last?

I too have had an iPhone 3GS and now 4 and bought a new Nokia N8 recently but sold it after 3 days....the software just isnt up to it.
In saying that tho...Microsoft have announced a partnership with Nokia.
I think in the next 12 to 18 months we will see vast improvements in non-apple smartphones

Apple seem to always have the edge tho

I'd go the Galaxy. For one...you're not stuck with Itunes, secondly, you get bluetooth with the android phones (can come in handy occasionally), and lastly, being able to remove the battery is a huge deal. Also means that you can carry a spare. The iphones battery is sealed in, and considering these things need to be charged on a daily basis (if you use it heaps), then how long can you expect a battery to last?

I have one of these for my iphone and it is brilliant...where ever there is a problem, someone will develop something to overcome it
Backup Battery Power Case Charger for Apple iPhone 4 4G (eBay item 150551523046 end time 20-Apr-11 14:15:31 AEST) : Phones

I have the HTC desire hd, and not had one prob with it, there are a couple of downfalls you are limited to Vodafone and 3, and the battery life isn't very good. It takes good quality photos and the aps are pretty good. I know a couple of people who have the iphone 4 and they said even though the aps are good they have had problems.

One way to save battery power is to shut down applications that you're not using, but are still operating in the background. The Galaxy comes with a task manager that allows you to easily shut down what you're not using, & I believe the HTC has an app killer that does the same

Tl;dr.
Go with samsung.
Much better software (in my opinion)
I have had my iPhone for 6 months and I already have problems with battery (and yes I close all my apps after I'm finishes), sound occasionally ****s up and just a few other annoying problems.
Just my 2 cents.

If you want to go one better then both the samsung and the iPhone, go the HTC desire Z or the newer model HTC desire HD - both awesome phones.

Sent from my ****ty iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wait to the iPhone 5 at this late stage.

Cam Cam My bf has a HTC Desire, and he rechanges 3 times for everyone one of mine.

and i'm running iphone 4, which still has the best smart battery on the market.

I'd wait to the iPhone 5 at this late stage.

Cam Cam My bf has a HTC Desire, and he rechanges 3 times for everyone one of mine.

and i'm running iphone 4, which still has the best smart battery on the market.

The iPhone 5 isn't going to be much different from what I've heard?

Sent from my ****ty iPhone using Tapatalk

'Wait for the next iPhone' ... This always seems to be an iPhone users attitude...

"Oh I have a problem with my iPhone...but don't worry, the iPhone <incremental number here> that is coming out soon won't have this problem anymore. It's definitely worth spending more money on for 1-2 bug fixes that have been around since the first iPhone I reckon.. Sounds like a great buy"

I've never had any problems with any of my iPhones. The fact is they sell millions compaired to anyone else, and their fans are a little more vocal, greater numbers sold, mean greater exposure to bugs.

It happens with ALL technology, look at the the old Nokia symbian phones they were as slow as dog balls, but no one complained. Or the 8210's where everyone I know had their screen die after 12 months. Do you see a problem with that.

The fact 1 product can last 12 months, and still remain current is valid, the fact every other phone manufactuer has to put out model afte rmodel just to keep up, isn't that saying something.

And yet a typical iphone hater, first to criticise, oh they dont' do this, bug here, yet none of the iphone lovers criticise your android hardware, because we feel no need. You people if you don't like a f'ing product don't make a point about it, we don't care.

Yes it is saying something. The world has gone mad, Apple mad.

I'm still using my Nokia N95 8GB.
Seeing as though my contract has ended, I'm trying to decide if I should
go on another and get a new phone.

Or, just drop back to prepaid and not worry about a phone (I honestly don't care about new phones - the novelty wears off quickly). Or buy a phone outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back