Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the upstairs lounge room looks like a red light district from the street, because of all the enclosures.

When you think its strange that people come into your house and are frightened of the snakes... I've only kept them for 2 years, but having them around is normal for me :)

When the main reason you save your money is to buy new snakes

When you think about what you could possibly move or get rid of in the house to accommodate new enclosures

When you refuse to spend money on new shoes even though your current ones are totally stuffed because you're so close to getting that new snake

When you let your snake drink the last of your glass of water... my MD does this, and was even after my cup of tea the other day which he didn't get :D

When people call your house a zoo

when you make deals with your wife, where she gets to buy something and you get to buy a snake to that value lmao

OMG! That's what I do with my hubby! :lol: He says he "needs" such and such in the shed, I think, right... $1500 Milling Machine, I could get...! Hehehe! We're bad!

......when the only baby pics you carry are of your new hatchys.

Hehehe, umm, guilty of this too! I don't have pics of my human kids in my wallet, just the scaly varieties! Oops!

reason im trying to get a job
not easy feeding a beardie that eats a punnett of crix every 4 days

Lucky you! :) My adults go through 21 tubs of large crickets per fortnight, my hatchlings go through 8 tubs small crickets (sometimes more!), and my geckos go through 8 tubs medium per fortnight! Oh, how I long for the days when everyone goes to sleep!

-When you go to a petshop, look at all the cute and furry animals, and you think "My pet would/could eat that!"

Hehehe, yep... Look at the rabbits, guinea pigs etc and think... "Mmm, lunch!"

I like Mike Swan's comment... "You know you're a herper when your icecream tastes like mice"! (hope he doesn't mind my borrowing this!)

I came back from the Melbourne Expo with a hatchy rack, now I have the "potential" to have 32 more critters - I just get the look *face/palm*... I'm so used to it now, I don't bite any more!

Good thread Lambert, makes me realise I'm not the only one out there!

Best,
Carolyn

Off to feed my zoo! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
- When planning a holiday you put more time into researching good herping spots than motels
- You make sure the motel you book is closest to the zoo/reptile park
- You have 10 bookmarks on your computer and 8 of them are reptile sites
- Herp Shop is your home page

When you run out of pillow cases because they all have an M or F marked on them
When your kids invite a friend to stay the night & you get a call from their mum just checking the snakes can't eat their child
When the electricity company sends the cops to your house to check if your growing dope

Haha i love this thread my 2 fav's are so true with me

Herpshop = Main page and made me laugh so hard

-When you go to a petshop, look at all the cute and furry animals, and you think "My pet would/could eat that!".
i do that with everything friends pets watching to talking about other pets im just like ( snake food )

When your last half dozen holidays have been herping trips.
When you buy a new block of land to have room for your herp shed (6x12 lol) and monitor pits.
When you look at the free to good home section in the paper and think "mmmmm free food" lol

Last edited:
when you're sister says that her rabbit will be free range (meaning it can just run around the house) and you say well i'm buying a snake then think 'hmm free range rabbit'

when your mum doesn't argue with this deal and your quietly hoping she lets the rabbit be a house rabbit so you can get your snake

when you try to educate your brother on how awesome snakes and lizards are then your step mother says 'nah just kill them' and you want to pound her.

when the first thing you do in the morning is check this site and herptrader

I think there might be quite a number of herpers guilty of this.

What about when you know who is selling by recognising their permit number?

knowing your permit number of by heart .. and your partners...

having a movement advice already half completed saved on your computer as your sick of filling the whole thing in every time

when you check the For Sale (snakes) and (food,accessories) as soon as you get on APS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back