Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Meredith Schetrumpf trapped in home for six days by red-bellied black snake | Courier Mail

Here's something to be proud of...

She discovered a "king red-bellied black snake"

Anyway - what a way to be trapped - prisoner in her home... While the KRBBS stalked her.

It's a bit sad that this is news and the correct procedure and identification of the snake (again) is left out.

This is what gets my goat...

People read this, get frightened, same thing happens (or something even more stupid like shooting your wife when a coastal carpet is in the house). Then on top of all this, there's NO actual information to help people.

Instead they call the snake "large deadly red-bellied black snake" and then in the article a king rbbs and then to add to this - they don't give any of the correct relocation expert phone numbers for the area - or for Qld (which this article has been reprinted in).

I give up...

Arrghhh... frustrating. It's things like this that give gentle reptiles a bad reputation.

Arrghhh... frustrating. It's things like this that give gentle reptiles a bad reputation.

Any reptiles - they don't have to be gentle....

You know, just once... And that's all it will take, just once a realistic, educational newspaper article that gives the facts, and educates the public... but apparently scaremongering sells more papers!

Then you have the man and his spade in his bush hut being stalked by a snake as well??? I missed that when it came out the first time...

People like that should live in Ireland (snake free).

But I'll be there and I don't want ignoramouses like that living in my country... He'll probably think the Kea's are out to get him... Though, in reality they actually are... But you wouldn't go around telling the world that!

You're more than qualified to do that Sel :) (or won't they let you - maybe use an alias???)
Maybe, it will take me twice as long though :p
When i said my paper, i didnt mean i work for it..lol i just meant its probably sitting on my driveway right now :)

This is so embarrassing! The CourierMail does it ALL THE TIME and I feel like it tells the rest of Australia that Brisbane residents are thoughtless idiots!

She only has one door? no windows?
What's a "King Red Bellied Black Snake" as well.
Call a freaking snake catcher if you so worried next time.
I swear I don't know how some people get dressed in the morning.

This is so embarrassing! The CourierMail does it ALL THE TIME and I feel like it tells the rest of Australia that Brisbane residents are thoughtless idiots!

Seriously the only good thing that "rag" is good for is reptile substrate. My Bredli taking a huge dump on the article pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

I don't understand how she was trapped. Did the snake stay immobile for six whole days, forsaking water, food and shelter, purely to terrorise this woman? That sounds like a pretty evil snake.

I wonder if it stole her wallet afterward...

Did you read the comments.......mildly venomous , harmless, only killed once and it was a baby. I hate Misinformation........... Poor lady was terrified, are they telling us every policeman, council worker and wires person was too busy for 6 days to turn up to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back